Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Lgcobra
Asteroid

Note 10 + November Update Issue

Hello, 

I received 2 updates today. 

Did the first update and it said it completed it with all done and nothing on the notification bar so it was complete then a hour later when I checked my phone another update showe up and did it as well. 

But now I'm having a issue with the update as it is just getting stuck on the Finishing sytem update and hasn't exactly moved for hours. 

With this going on almost all my apps are not exactly notifying me of notifications so missed several emails and some times it won't show up so not sure what is going on or if the update is causing this issue as there was no issues before hand. I've restarted phone with the same issues. 

I searched but did not see any one with this issue. 

I've attached the screeen shot of the issue at hand.

But I'm also worried as having issues with my apps as some issue is causing none to work as they should. 

This is on the Unlocked Note 10 Plus SM-N975U1 with the November 1, 2019 security update. This is my main phone and not sure what to do. Unsure if a full reset would help so want to find a way to avoid having to reset phone and go through the trouble of setting it up even though is not hard it is still time consuming. Thank you for the help. 

Screenshot_20191106-180850_Settings.jpgScreenshot_20191106-161048_XDA Labs.jpg

13 REPLIES 13
Lgcobra
Asteroid

Re: Note 10 + November Update Issue

I did reset my phone but if someone knows of a better way when this happens. Can you let us know. Thank you.

Now the whole process of restoring and setting up phone again. 

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

@Lgcobra Have you tried wiping the cache partition on your phone as an option. Here are the steps. 

1. Press and hold the Power key, tap Power off, and then tap OK.
  2. Press and hold the Power key and Up Volume key at the same time.
  3. Release the Power key when the Samsung logo appears.
  4. Release the Volume keys when the Android image appears.
  5. Press the Volume keys to highlight Wipe cache partition.
  6. Press the Power key to select.
  7. Once “Cache wipe complete” appears, press the Power key to select Reboot system now.
  8. The device restarts once the wipe is finished.
Lgcobra
Asteroid

Yes I did wipe the cache partition  around 8 pm and left it overnight without a change. Did the reset around 9 am today. 

user5b90KO2ETZ
Constellation

Same for me 2 updates

Samsung Care Ambassador

@Lgcobra Are you able to just swipe left or right the notification? if not can you tap and hold the notification and delete it?

═════════════════════════════════════
If you post new question please specify your Phone model and Carrier.
If you like my comment please hit ♥
if I answer your question please hit the 'accept as solution' button
Lgcobra
Asteroid

@RedDragon wrote:

@Lgcobra Are you able to just swipe left or right the notification? if not can you tap and hold the notification and delete it?

Yes I've done that option but when phone is restarted it comes back plus the update somewhat ruined apps on notifications so not sure where that would fix it until the update would have finalized. 

The reset worked, I'm still have somethings left to do on phone but it is back up running.  Just hoped I didn't have to take the route. 

But when none of the above worked it was the fastest way to avoid any more delays on work.

Samsung Care Ambassador

@Lgcobra You might need to fully factory reset the phone but backup your phone through smartswitch. When you update new firmware please do not pause or have slow connection that can pause the download because if this happen the download file may get corrupted.  

Lgcobra
Asteroid

Yes I did the factory reset this morning. 

Yes there was no issues with internet connectionnwas on wifi and 4g LTE connection had download booster on at the time as well. 

But yes wasn't sure what happened here that it just got stuck and caused issues with several apps. 

Samsung Care Ambassador

@Lgcobra On your next system update try to do it on smartswitch this will download the whole file instead of compressed files over the air. With this update it can prevent software issues after installing.