cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

Note 10 Plus Camera App...dead?

This morning all of a sudden my camera app will not open. I get a completely black screen until the Open "this app is not responding in" menu pops up to:
 1. Close the app
 2. App settings 
 3. Send feedback

I have tried the following:
1. Restarted phone
2. Turned phone off & back on
3. Cleared camera app cache
4. Cleared phone cache partition
5. Restarted phone in safe mode

Please help me. Without the camera...ugh....

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Note 10 Plus Camera App...dead?

Hello!

Thank you for reaching out. While your device was in safe mode were you still unable to open the camera app? Have you checked to make sure your device is up to date on the software? If you were to go to Settings>Apps>Camera>Tap on the gear icon in top right>About Camera, does it show the version and if there is an update available? Could you also please provide me with the model and the IMEI number for your device. 

Highlighted
Asteroid

Re: Re: Note 10 Plus Camera App...dead?

first of all, thank you for your response, your quick response.
in safe mode, the camera app would not open at all just black screen.
I have checked for updates and I have no updates available.
Highlighted
Asteroid

sorry hit post too quickly there...
when I tap on the gear icon as instructed above the screen blinks, goes black for about 6 seconds and then the "app keeps stopping" pop up happens.
Model SMN-975U
IMEI 359186100982101
Thanks again.
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Thank you for providing that. After performing the troubleshooting to no avail, I would recommend getting your device in the hands of a technician to diagnose and repair your symptom. I would be happy to set that up for you. Could you please provide me with the following information to do so?

Full name:
Complete physical address:
Contact phone number:
Alternate phone number:
Email address:

Highlighted
Asteroid

thank you, and although I do want my camera to work. I cannot be without my cell phone due to my job. before I commit to diagnosing and repairing I would have to know the cost involved.
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

With your device being under warranty there would not be a cost to the repair unless there was liquid or physical damage on the device. You can also you the following link to check for the closet walk-in service center in your area. https://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/locations/