cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
RedCat96
Asteroid

Note 10 Plus Signal Signal Issues

I also am experiencing signal issues with my Note 10 Plus. I switched from an iPhone X to the Note. In exact locations where I previously had perfect signal on the iPhone I am no longer able to make phone calls or even send/receive text messages.

Travelling down a major interstate on a road trip over the weekend, I was streaming video from Youtube on my Note and my wife was streaming from her iPhone 8. Her iPhone skipped twice the entire 6 hour trip. Mine skipped and buffered so many times that I eventually stopped trying after a couple hours. We are on the same account on the same carrier.

I'd also like to state this *is not* a carrier issue. I've taken the device back to Verizon. Their troubleshooting steps are to a) swap the SIM card out and b) then swap the phone. Swapping the SIM hasn't helped at all. I'm going back to swap the phone for another this afternoon. If that doesn't work I'll be forced to move back to iPhone, as this device is the primary point of contact for my business. Coming from iPhone, this Note 10 Plus is superior in every way. But if it can't perform the basic functions of a phone, I'll be forced to switch back.

Here's hoping Samsung acknowleges this issue soon.

18 REPLIES 18
user4qSwnEnFN6
Astronaut

Wow! I have had the SAME issue. My Note 10+ is doing the...

Wow! I have had the SAME issue. My Note 10+ is doing the same thing. I switched on Saturday from a iPhone X to the Note 10+. I hope the issue gets corrected quickly

userrS3uC0koXD
Asteroid

Re: Wow! I have had the SAME issue. My Note 10+ is doing the...

Yeah. I had the same issue and returned it two days later. Super ridiculous a $1300 phone can't do simple phone tasks

RedCat96
Asteroid

I work in technology, so I'm not so quick to pull the trigger on wholesale changes (although I understand folks who are). I like to give the company I bought said tech from time to correct issues, especially with newly released technology.

It's not uncommon for companies to release products with known issues. It's a strategic move, with the consequences weighed heavily in either direction. But the inability to perform the basic functions of a phone is a deal killer for me. Might not be for most, as phones aren't primarily used as phones anymore. But it is for me.

Samsung_g1qu7m8
Constellation

It's a safety issue. I travel very often and with these "issues" I don't have a trusted lifeline in rural areas or emergencies. It's quite irresponsible. I've had the Note from it's first iteration and never had a problem like this. 

Haganjeff
Asteroid

One of the many times, I have had no data whatsoever. 1X only!

Screenshot_20190912-130312_SignalCheck Pro.jpg

Haganjeff
Asteroid

Iam too. Terrible issues on an unlocked Note 10 Plus on Verizon. Continuous reception issues falling into 3G and 1 X more than having 4G. Wife's S8 locks and never loses 4G..I went to Best Buy and bought a Verizon version to try and basically the same thing. Lost complete signal using Google Maps and became stuck in 3G and had to toggle Airplane Mode just to see my 4G Network Extender. Everything I own is Samsung... I should leave them, but may grab a refurbed Note 9..PS. Dealing with Samsung Warranty or Tech Support is an absolute joke. I'm embarrassed for them. 

Samsung_Ez52z77
Astronaut

Any update on whether they are going to fix the signal is...

Any update on whether they are going to fix the signal issue, or whether it will be a permanent issue with this phone? I'm on ATT, same issues as above

RedCat96
Asteroid

Re: Any update on whether they are going to fix the signal is...

I wish I knew. I wish they'd simply acknowlege it and give us a roadmap for a fix. I'm fine with powering through the issue if they'd at least let us know they're working on it. I can't afford for them to ignore it, take a chance on a fix coming, and it never show up.

RedCat96
Asteroid

Re: Note 10 Plus Signal Signal Issues

An update....

I'm still having the issue. The phone becomes unusable with anything less than 3 bars of service. However, I've discovered if I turn wifi off when cell service is low, the phone functions as expected.

I've tried to return the device at Verizon for another Note 10+ and they gave me some kind of runaround that "the system won't let us DOA it." <edit>. From here I'm forced to work with "customer service."