cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Red Giant

Re: Note 10 Plus Signal Signal Issues

Red Giant

@RedCat96 I couldn't reply to your post with the image...this website has issues at times.

I do see in the image the signal isn't that good.  If you would have another device there and compare to which band both phones connect, that would be really good.  I am thining that the area might have couple of signals from Verizon towers and Note10 possibly got band 13(700MHz) and tries to hold on to it even though the signal is low.  It is possible that Samsung will have to re-work the threshold of the signal strength algorithm.  Basically the phone should release the cell tower at a certain dB and connect to another one if it exists in the area.  If you turn on airplain mode, wait 10 sec and then turn it off, your phone still connects to Band 13?

1) Does your phone have WiFi calling from Verizon and it works properly?

2) When you mentioned "when having wifi on, you can't make call in the area", check to see if your phone switches to wifi calling, where wifi is bad.   Normally if you just connect your phone to wifi(without any wifi calling), it shouldn't mess around the normal cell tower and prevent user from calling.

Highlighted
user7irjLttNC0
Astronaut

@samsung 

ive had the note 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 - and now the 10+ 5g - and its signal is terrbile. Places (like my office where i normally have a great signal) just dont work. miss call - text mesages dont go through. Plan to return mine.

user3Q2GDfYdXF
Astronaut

I have a Samsung J7 and calls that I've had in the past a...

I have a Samsung J7 and calls that I've had in the past are no longer having signal. Why is i/ doing this

user3jEHhUECPr
Asteroid

Re: I have a Samsung J7 and calls that I've had in the past a...

My wife had the S10+ with horrible reception issues; she ended up going through a lot of pain with Samsung and Sprint to finally return her device and obtain an IPhone XS Max.  ALL signal issues went away everywhere she had issues.

I have been a devote Note person owning 2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9; never really had an issue with signal and HOPED the issues that plagued the S10+ were not propogated to Note 10 Plus.  Well yesterday was my 14th day with the device and at the ball field in a very well known area with FULL bars I could not obtain internet.  Numerous reboots and 1 out of 5 times I would get ONLINE/internet but only briefly then it would drop.  My wife sitting next to me with IPhone XS Max (same carrier) had FULL signal and internet the ENTIRE time.  I think Note 10 Plus might be having EXACT same issues that plagued the S10+.  Before yesterday I had some spotty issues with reception but nothing as bad as yesterday.  Of course yesterday was SW update (09/01) update too.  I will give it a few weeks and if it does not improve take it back and EAT the $500 to cancel lease and pick up an IPhone 11 PRO and be done with Samsung all together.

userb5Bhr0LmKQ
Asteroid

Same issue.  Where my old Note 8 worked fine, no reception.  My carrier did all is could remotely, but did not enable the 10+ to keep cponnections.

Red Giant

People that have issue, could you please download LTE Discovery app from Play Store and post screenshot

RedCat96
Asteroid

Yes I'm still experiencing the issue and disabling the wifi still always resolves it.  I don't have time to do the runaround with Samsung and/or Verizon tech support, so I decided if disabling the wifi will resolve the problem I'll disable the wifi when I need to. The fact that this works tells me it can most likely be resolved with a software patch. My hope is Samsung will resolve this soon as I really love this phone otherwise.

RedCat96
Asteroid

Here's the print screen from LTE Discovery. This was snapped sitting in one of the exact locations where I am unable to make calls or send/receive text messages if wifi is turned on. When I turn wifi off it works fine.

With my previous phone I always had service sitting in this spot.

Screenshot_20190916-153015_LTE Discovery.jpg