Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Samsung Care Ambassador

Re: Note 10 Plus (T-Mobile) - Samsung Messages Stutter

Hey, 

@DeeX,

Thanks for the heads up on the Google messages app I just did a factory data reset October 15th and didn't really want to install it. I like the Samsung messages app.

A few days before I did the reset I installed a large system update that combined several months of updates in one. Now I'm trying to remember if when I was running the July patch why I didn't notice the glitch. Seems impossible not to have noticed but they say memory is the first thing to go.

I am on the T-mobile network and have a blue dot next to my initials in the contacts list. If I send myself a 900 character text message and it sends a 900 character back to me then I don't think it has converted the text message to the standard sms format. What is the standard character count for the latest version of standard sms format I don't know but I doubt it's 900.

I'm not sure what to think about that statement that the glitch is created when converting to standard sms. 

Best regards, 

CLF 

This is like getting a song stuck in your head now I focus on the jitters every time. Lol 

Cosmic Ray

Haven't run into this issue on my S10

Highlighted
Asteroid

Do you have a SM-G973U or a SM-G973U1?

Is it on a T-Mobile firmware? (not T-Mobile network but T-Mobile software. i.e. do you see a T-Mobile logo when starting your phone)

Highlighted
Samsung Care Ambassador

Hey, 

Looks like this issue has been resolved with the last few updates. I no longer have the jitters when sending messages. 

CLF 

Highlighted
Asteroid

@CLF  Which variant do you have? Which build are you on?

Highlighted
Samsung Care Ambassador

Hey, 

@DeeX

Yes you're absolutely right I've gone lazy. Even though we have completely different phones it seemed to a universal issue. It was really noticeable on my S9. I just remembered your post about this and sent, received a few messages to make sure it was gone. Much smoother now. Messages app ver 10 01 40 77

T-mobile 

Galaxy S9 SM-G960U 

G960USQS7CSJ6

Security Patch Level

November 13th, 2019

Highlighted
Asteroid

I am having the same issue. On my note 20 plus on tmobile. It is pretty frustrating that no one knows how to address it properly. I just updated my phone to android 10 hoping that would fix the issue but it did not. Did anyone find a way to fix this glitch?

Highlighted
Asteroid

What version did you have before you updated to 10?