Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Miguel22
Asteroid

Note 10+ S-PEN Not Connecting

Hi folks,

Last night, my Note 10+ suddenly stopped recognizing the s-pen even if it was inserted in the slot. I can still write on the phone and select objects, but it seems that all bluetooth functions such as air actions no longer work.
I've tried multiple solutions such as:
- Removing case

- Soft Reset

- Bluetooth Cache clearing

- S-pen reset function

- Toggle Air actions on/off

None of the solutions listed have worked. I'm wondering if anyone has experienced the same problem with their Note 10+?

Quite frustrating given that this phone is so new and problems like this are already starting to surface.

P. S. The s-pen is samsung official and I haven't gotten it wet or anything. Wondering if this is a manufacturing defect related to the pen's battery capacitor/Bluetooth sensor or maybe something fixable by software

14 REPLIES 14
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Note 10+ S-PEN Not Connecting

@Miguel22 Does this issue still appear if your phone is in safe mode?

Miguel22
Asteroid

Hi SamsungQue,

Yes, I've tried starting in Safe Mode and it produces the same problem.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Can you send me a private message using this link here? Provide the following information.

• Model Number
  • IMEI Number
Disk4mat
Halo

If you go to: Settings > Advanced features > S Pen > Air Actions

Does it say Disconnected or Available with battery status beneath?

Screenshot_20191009-173449_Air command.jpgScreenshot_20191009-173503_Air command.jpg

If its disconnected, remove the pen from the phone. Restart the phone and insert the pen to reconnect.

If its Available then it could be an issue with the app. Visit the Galaxy Store, tap the menu in the top right, select "My page" then tap on Updates. I recall the Air Command app was updated not long ago which includes Air action features/functions. You can also search the app store for Air command.

Miguel22
Asteroid

@Disk4mat wrote:

"Does it say Disconnected or Available with battery status beneath?"

Screenshot_20191009-173449_Air command.jpg

If its disconnected, remove the pen from the phone. Restart the phone and insert the pen to reconnect."

Hi Disk4mat,

Thanks for your reply. It constantly shows "disconnected". Tried your suggested solution a few times and the disconnected problem still persists.

Disk4mat
Halo

@SamsungQue replied with information to conact via private message. Thats probably a good idea because its sounding like a physical problem with the pen. Sorry it couldnt be a simple fix Smiley Embarassed

Miguel22
Asteroid

Sadly, doesn't look like it. Thank you for trying to help, I really appreciate it!

Samsung Care Ambassador

@Miguel22 

On your quick menu, search for S pen air actions and disable it. Re-enable it again then it will ask you if you want to keep your current S pen or connect to a new one. Try selecting the first one then it will tell you to reinsert the pen. Once reinserted it should connect. Be sure to follow the steps with your pen out of the phone

Screenshot_20191009-183534_One UI Home.jpg

Miguel22
Asteroid

Hi SJohnson,

Followed the steps given to a tee and still no connection, unfortunately.