cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

Re: Note 10+ S-PEN Not Connecting

@SamsungQue replied with information to conact via private message. Thats probably a good idea because its sounding like a physical problem with the pen. Sorry it couldnt be a simple fix Smiley Embarassed

Highlighted
Asteroid

Sadly, doesn't look like it. Thank you for trying to help, I really appreciate it!

Highlighted
Samsung Care Ambassador

@Miguel22 

On your quick menu, search for S pen air actions and disable it. Re-enable it again then it will ask you if you want to keep your current S pen or connect to a new one. Try selecting the first one then it will tell you to reinsert the pen. Once reinserted it should connect. Be sure to follow the steps with your pen out of the phone

Screenshot_20191009-183534_One UI Home.jpg

Highlighted
Asteroid

Hi SJohnson,

Followed the steps given to a tee and still no connection, unfortunately.

Highlighted
Samsung Care Ambassador

@Miguel22 

How about setting it up as a new S pen

Highlighted
Asteroid

Thank you for posting this question! My Note 10+ just started doing this today. So frustrating! 

None of the above mentioned suggestions worked for me either. I was wondering if you had found a fix that works? 

I groggily woke up to it, but remember seeing that some apps were updated through the Galaxy store during the night. I was wondering if possibly that had something to do with it?

I just hope you have run across something that will work, as my 30 day return period just ended 4 days ago.😬

Highlighted
Asteroid

20191010_123452.jpg

So, after asking if you found a fix for the S-Pen disconnect issue, I played with my phone some more, and I got it to quit saying it is disconnected. 

Here is what I did:

• Pulled out S Pen

• Found the "Air Command" app, and long pressed to get to info page

• Forced Stop

• Cleared cache

• Reset phone by holding down power and volume down *while keeping S Pen out of phone*

• Reinserted S Pen after it was finished rebooting

That fixed the disconnect issue.

*NOW* I have a S Pen battery issue🤦‍♀️

As the photo above shows, once it was connected, it only showed 60% battery. In the time it took me to take that screenshot, and crop it (maybe 20 seconds?), my pen battery dropped down to 30%, then immediately went to 10%.

The pen has been in my phone all morning except to pull out for a moment here and there to try the various suggestions above. 

I hope this isn't going to be a new issue, but we will see I guess.😣

Highlighted
Asteroid

I lied. It only hid the problem for a few hours. When I went to use the pen just now, it showed "disconnected" again when I removed it, and tells me I need to reconnect it again after I put it back. 🤦‍♀️🥺

I'm out of ideas now. Though, after seeing the battery drain happen after I fixed it the first time, I have to wonder if the pen battery isnt playing into the issue.

Update: I really do believe something is happening with the batteries on this pen, and I hope Samsung does something to make it right. I did the same steps as in my previous post, plus cleared data. It solved the problem again, so I waited a few minutes, pulled it out, then watched the pen battery icon. In less than 45 seconds it went 90% > 70% > 60% > 30% > 10% > 1% > dead.

Screenshot_20191010-155858_Chrome.jpg

20191010_155931.jpg

Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

So after all the troubleshooting steps you've tried, I would recommend an accessory exchange for the S Pen. If you would send me a private message with your full model code and IMEI number I'd be more than happy to get that started for you.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Constellation

I bought my note 10 plus (2 days ago) new and I am having the same issue with the s pen. I tried all the above solutions but none worked.

Please tell me what to do.

Thank you in advance,

Nikolas Zafiropoulos