cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Note 10 S Pen not connecting

Hello,

Hoping for a little help. I got my note 10 back in November and noticed not long after that it was saying my s pen was disconnected. I let it go for a while, but I'd love a solution. I've attempted to reconnect it through the settings, but its unsuccessful. When I go through the settings to Air Actions, it says 'Disconnected Insert your S Pen into your phone to connect it' (even though the pen is inserted. When I take it out and put it back in it attempts to reconnect, but is unsuccessful).

My only other thought is to completely reset the phone to factory/default settings, but I'd like to avoid it if possible.

Model number: SM-N970U

Carrier: T Mobile

10 REPLIES 10
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Note 10 S Pen not connecting

Hello!

Have you tried connecting your device while it is in safe mode to see if it will connect properly? You can get your device in safe mode by following these steps below.

-Press and hold the power button until the 3 options for power off, restart, and emergency mode show up

-When it does press and hold on the power off option until it changes to safe mode

-Select safe mode and the phone will reboot into safe mode

-Try to connect the pen in settings while in safe mode

Let me know if this helped!

Highlighted
Constellation

Unfortunatly, that did not work either. I see the same message (it attempts to connect, then shows 'dissconnected, please insert s pen to connect')

Thanks for replying!

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Ok, so it was not able to connect while in safe mode. I would recommend next doing a hard key reboot of the device. press and hold the volume down and the power/Bixby key on your device, continue to hold for 10-20 seconds until the device reboots. Make sure your s pen is in the device when you reboot. Once rebooted check the air commands and see if it is still displaying disconnected. 

Highlighted
Constellation

I just complete the hard key reboot, and it's still showing disconnected. 

Highlighted
Constellation

Hello,

My Note 10 is not connecting to S Pen even after all the test, resets and reboots.

It started first by disconnecting very often and now it won't connect at all.

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Have you tried resetting your S Pen?

Highlighted
Constellation

Mine is doing the same thing.

Highlighted
Samsung Care Ambassador

Have you tried reconnecting the s pen

Constellation

Note 10 S Pen not connecting,

Same problem, just started yesterday...tried all the past methods and watched all the YouTube videos about and nothing. The pen works on the screen but it won't do the Air comands Smiley Sad

What else should I do?