cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Keltik79
Cosmic Ray

Note 10+ Screen - micro scratches

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have had my new Unlocked Note 10+ for less than a week and I already have terrible micro-scratches on the screen. For comparisoin I had my Note 9 for a year with no screen protection and never had any micro scratches. With the Note 10 being Gorilla glass 6 has any one else experience this poor quality in the screen?

I will of course be trying to do at home remedies to fix and add a screen protector but again going from the Note 9 with no issues to the Note 10 will two complaints doesn't sit well with me. 

(second complaint is Unlocked version T-mobile reception dropping to 2 bars)

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Samsung Care Ambassador

Re: Note 10+ Screen - micro scratches

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi @Keltik79 

The Note10+ comes with a preinstalled basic screen protector. It's a very basic one and it does scratches easily. If you haven't removed it, which I assume not since you mentioned a desire to install one, that's what scratched, not the screen.

Geno

If my post answered your question, please be sure to accept it as solution so other users can find answers quicker. And give it a Like. Thanks

Geno71-Ambassador-Signature2-1

View solution in original post

31 REPLIES 31
Samsung Care Ambassador

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi @Keltik79 

The Note10+ comes with a preinstalled basic screen protector. It's a very basic one and it does scratches easily. If you haven't removed it, which I assume not since you mentioned a desire to install one, that's what scratched, not the screen.

Geno

If my post answered your question, please be sure to accept it as solution so other users can find answers quicker. And give it a Like. Thanks

Geno71-Ambassador-Signature2-1

View solution in original post

Keltik79
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Have you every had one of those moments when you are like "OMG", well this was that moment. I've was not even aware that it had a temporary screen protector on the display. Typically new phones have the tab to peel it off so just assumed it didn't have one.

Thank you for the resposne 

Samsung Care Ambassador

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@Keltik79 

Now that you don't have a screen protector:

https://www.amazon.com/MR-SIGA-Premium-Microfiber-Cleaning-Eyeglasses/dp/B07L9W8297/ref=sr_1_12?crid...

Those are the best $7 investment you can make. I have like 30 of these things everywhere. Good quality and super cheap

If you've found my post to be helpful, please like the post. If my response resolved your issue, please press the "✓ Accept as Solution" button.

Best regards,
ChazzyJ
Samsung Care Ambassador
userSaTqBgndos
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I came to this thread with the same issue and learned of this same thing and had the exact "OMG" moment. Thanks

userc6xxWMa7AM
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Ditto!  Mind blown!

user9rEGOvQwo4
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

You are my hero, i have been cussing this phone out for 2 weeks over this. I have a Note 8 and never had an issue with the screen - this Note 10 i thought i had a chip in it as well as 2 micro scratches... a bit of research and finding your post made me realize there was a horrible screen protector (which is now gone). That was driving me up a wall thinking the screen was that sensitive!!

userHLPx7tSJZp
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi I am facing the same problem I just use it for one day and my screen is horrible. These s tatches might due to coins or keys in our packet with note 10 plus. This is absolutely a design problem using the incorrect material for the screen. I am a pure samsung note supporter since note 3. Follow by note 5 note 8. And note 10 plus got the worse glass panel compare to all the note I had used in the past. Could samsung recall note 10 plus back due to screen issue

userfat6ARxtxq
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Great tip I was depressed and now Im very happy with your tip to peel that protective screen. 

Thank you 

userEndHeslOw7
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

You just made my day!  I have had this phone all of 2 days and have been so mad about the scratches.  I purchased a new case and thought the case was tearing it up and was about to toss out a $100 custom case because of it.  THANK YOU!