cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
twotimesbam
Astronaut

Note 10 Upgrade

Who all has a Note 9 and is upgrading to the Note 10, and why?? Trying to make up my mind if I should upgrade or not.

16 REPLIES 16
Highlighted
Comet

The Note 10+ has a different display with punch hole disp...

The Note 10+ has a different display with punch hole display than Note 9, it has added new features like 3D scanner, Air Commands on Spen, more battery life and other added functionality. And trade in has great value you get $600 off if you trade in Note 9.

NBI

If you've found my post to be helpful, please like the post. If my response resolved your issue, please press the "✓ Accept as Solution" button.

Samsung Care Ambassador

Re: Note 10 Upgrade

@twotimesbam I had a Note 9 it was a great phone I just upgraded to the Note 10+ on the 7th and i have to say upgrading to the Note 10 is the best decision I've ever made its a amazing phone and I'm sure you will love the phone so i would recommend to upgrade as soon as you can you won't be disappointed 

Gary-B82-Ambassador-Signature2Note 10+ User on Verizon Wireless
Samsung Care Ambassador

I had a Note9, and now I have the Note10+. It's definitely worth an upgrade if you have the money. Especially with crazy trade-in offers they have this year.

Many people will claim that Note9 is the best Note Samsung ever made. Why? Because it had a headphone jack. Really? That's the only reason? Note10+ is better in every meaningful way... Better performance and heat dissipation: Check. Double the RAM: Check. Double the storage and faster storage: Check. Better and even larger screen: Check. Phenomenal battery life and fast charging unmatched by any phone in the world: Check. The best cameras than any phone (based on the highest DxOMark score for a phone, ever): Check. S-Pen with new tricks and up to 8 hours of battery life: Check. And more!

So it lacks a headphone jack, but better in every other way, so a great upgrade for sure.

Geno

If my post answered your question, please be sure to accept it as solution so other users can find answers quicker. And give it a Like. Thanks

Geno71-Ambassador-Signature2-1
Samsung Care Ambassador

Hey @twotimesbam, I hope you are doing well.

Like @GaryB82 said, the Note 10+ is a phone worthy of upgrading to. I moved from the S10+ and I'm blown away. The camera is faster, somehow even more crisp.

File transfers are quite speedy as well as the Note 10/10+ use UFS 3.0 (Fast internal memory) and for the first time, a new file system. Samsung is getting ahead of the competition and making sure the experience of the device is lile no other.

Features are baked in quite every direction. I would have to say, you'll love the Note 10+, hands down!

One small thing I appreciate that others may not notice, the haptic feedback is so much better on the Note 10+ than any other device I've ever used.

I hope this helps!!

Best regards,
Rydah
Samsung Care Ambassador

If you've found my post to be helpful, please like the post. If my response resolved your issue, please press the "✓ Accept as Solution" button.

I am considering getting the Note 10+ unlocked for use on at&t because that looks to be the only way I can get it in blue, but I have read of several features not working.  I spoke with at&t tech support today and they stated that if I bought the unlocked note 10+ and activated it on their network, that I would have every feature, VoLTE, wifi calling HD voice, etc.  Is this true, or should I get an at&t version?

Samsung Care Ambassador

@Samsung_vh835tV 

I can help you out there. No not all features will work, but most. I have an unlocked Note10+ with AT&T and I don't have HD Voice, Voice over LTE or Wi-Fi calling (and that doesn't affect me personally, I can't tell any difference from when unused an AT&T branded S10), I do however have forking visual voicemail, call protect and mobile hotspot, and those are features are I actually use. So in my opinion, an Unlocked Note10 or Note10+ on AT&T is fine, but if those missing features are important to you, that's something to keep in mind.

If my post answered your question, please be sure to accept it as solution so other users can find answers quicker. And give it a Like. Thanks

Samsung Care Ambassador

20190813_103305.jpg

Samsung Care Ambassador

I added a screenshot from my phone that shows VoLTE and Wi-Fi Calling features disabled and grayed out. Unfortunately this means that yeah, whoever @Samsung_vh835tV  spoke with either lied or didn't know what they were talking about. HD Voice is a VoLTE feature as well, so it's not working either.

Geno

Mdnvno1
Asteroid

The unlocked version has all the features however when it...

The unlocked version has all the features however when it comes to updates the unlocked is the last ones to get it. It doesn't make any sense to me why but that's how they roll. With the unlocked you don't get all the carrier software and that's always a plus