cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Samsung_ysMH9qh
Astronaut

Just stick with note 9. The features that note 10 has is...

Just stick with note 9. The features that note 10 has is the same features that note 9 has and in my opinion, I think the note 9 is supreme in every aspect. Noone can lie on that because, when the note 9 arrived the hype was real but, since the note 10 arrived the hype will go downhill. Note 9 is my stay pick bro. Keep the note 9 and wait for what comes next for note series. I have an s9 plus and I'm still happy with it and I had it for 1 year and still happy

Samsung Care Ambassador

Re: Just stick with note 9. The features that note 10 has is...

Well, sorry to say bro, but your opinion doesn't match reality in this caseSmiley Wink It is your personal preference of course, and if you like the Note9, great! You made the right choice, but objectively, the Note10+ is in fact a much better device in most aspects. Just can't argue with better hardware, although an overall experience will likely be about the same, but if someone wants a faster phone that can do even more... the Note10+ is an awesome upgrade.

"If my post answered your question, please be sure to accept it as solution so other users can find answers quicker. Thanks"
twotimesbam
Astronaut

Thank yall for your input! Its greatly appreciated!

Thank yall for your input! Its greatly appreciated!

user1D2tkL77b7
Constellation

Re: Note 10 Upgrade

I wouldn't upgrade to a note 10, from a note 9. Here is the rationale:

1) No headphone jack - Yes really, it is a deal breaker. Unless I invest in wireless headphones or a splitter, I cannot charge and use headphones at the same time. Moreover, it renders my existing Senheizer and Bose wired headphones useless.  It is something Samsung has always mocked Apple for, only to do the same thing couple of years later.

2) 1080p - Are you kidding me? Flagship phone without Quad HD? You have 1440p in Note 9 for God's sake!

3) No expandable storage (Note 10) - This is well a downgrade vs. Note 9.

4) 60Hz - For a phone you call has cool features for gaming, you couldn't even provide a refresh rate of 90Hz, similar to One plus 7 pro or Asus Rog. 

5) Screen size (Note 10) - 1 inch smaller than Note 9.

6) Price - Note 10 is $50 below Note 9 price, but Note 9 is a downgrade in specs (losing expandable storage, headphone jack etc.) Note 10+ is much more expensive than Note 9, but degrades display quality (pixels), and still loses headphone jack. The only upside is a newer processor, and some gimmicky features which you might not use regularly (do you really want video doodles everyday?)

People talk about increased RAM, but 8 or 12 gb is an overkill especially for Exynos processors, which along with Mali GPU, suck at gaming (check the debate on Snapdragon vs. Exynos)

So no, thanks, I am sticking to my current Samsung phone.

Samsung Care Ambassador

Hi @user1D2tkL77b7 

This post is not meant to be argumentative, but I think there are some missing points there...

@user1D2tkL77b7 wrote:

I wouldn't upgrade to a note 10, from a note 9. Here is the rationale:

1) No headphone jack - Yes really, it is a deal breaker. Unless I invest in wireless headphones or a splitter, I cannot charge and use headphones at the same time. Moreover, it renders my existing Senheizer and Bose wired headphones useless.  It is something Samsung has always mocked Apple for, only to do the same thing couple of years later.

This won't work for everyone, but for me, one the best innovations in mobile phones in the last few years was Wireless Charging. I have a wireless charger by my bed, on my desk, in my office and in my car. They're as cheap as regular chargers now days and illiminate the whole "how do I charge while lispening to music" issue. A dongle cost $10-15, and it does provide better sound quality, this is from personal experience with Note10+... so your Senheizer and Bose could sound even better.

2) 1080p - Are you kidding me? Flagship phone without Quad HD? You have 1440p in Note 9 for God's sake!

Note10 is not meant to be a replacement or an upgrade for Note9. Note10 is a entry level device for people that want the S-Pen, but think Note10+ is too large. Yeah let's be honest, it's crippled probably to force people into a more expensive model, but it's nothing new in the industry. Apple, OnePlus, Huawei and Samsung themselves have done it many times in the past. BAU.

3) No expandable storage (Note 10) - This is well a downgrade vs. Note 9.

To continue on the previous point... Note10 is not meant to be an upgrade from Note9. Note10+ is. But still, Note10 comes with 256 GB of storage. People now mostly use cloud based music and video, photos are stored in the cloud. I'm a power user and I can't even fill up 128 gigs... who will need 256 + micro SD? And those that do need it, will likely not consider an entry level flagship anyway. Note10+ has the slot.

4) 60Hz - For a phone you call has cool features for gaming, you couldn't even provide a refresh rate of 90Hz, similar to One plus 7 pro or Asus Rog. 

This would have been cool, but what is trylly competing with Note10 and has a higher refresh rate display? I'm sure they havethe tech ready to go and could do it, but hey, they need to save something for future upgrades. Again, a standsrd practive in the industry. Don't hate the player... as they say.

5) Screen size (Note 10) - 1 inch smaller than Note 9.

Note10 is not an upgrade from Note9. It's meant to be smaller. that's the whole point. Note10+ is a true successor to Note9.

6) Price - Note 10 is $50 below Note 9 price, but Note 9 is a downgrade in specs (losing expandable storage, headphone jack etc.) Note 10+ is much more expensive than Note 9, but degrades display quality (pixels), and still loses headphone jack. The only upside is a newer processor, and some gimmicky features which you might not use regularly (do you really want video doodles everyday?)

Note10+ is not a downgrade in display quality, it's a QHD+ screen, even brighter with less blue light. And the new processor is not the only upside. It uses new, super fast storage tech, UFS 3.0, and this in combination with 12 gigs of RAM, make the phone lighning fast. I've compared it side by side with Note9 and it's noticibly faster in every application. The cameras alone worth the $150 price increase. The battery is insane! The phone runs much cooler than Note9. Charges faster. and there are so many more improvements.

People talk about increased RAM, but 8 or 12 gb is an overkill especially for Exynos processors, which along with Mali GPU, suck at gaming (check the debate on Snapdragon vs. Exynos)

So no, thanks, I am sticking to my current Samsung phone.

And that's perfectly fine. No one that's happy with their current device HAS to upgrade just because a new one is released. Note10+ is an amazing phone, and a worthy upgrade from Note9. Note10 is a perfect entry note for Galaxy S users, or even iPhone users that want to try a stylus, Androind or Samsung.

"If my post answered your question, please be sure to accept it as solution so other users can find answers quicker. Thanks"
Scottgogo
Constellation

I would definitely wait for the Note 10 Plus 5G model. I...

I would definitely wait for the Note 10 Plus 5G model. I have e a note 8 and no need to upgrade unless 5G

userkR9yaiLYzO
Asteroid

First off ask yourself what are the offsets for weighing in the balance.

A measlesy headphone jack that everyone complaining about? 

What I see over the note 9 is everything that the S10+ has.. better display, hdr10+, three cameras on the back with more features, faster battery charge some other stuff. So what's better 5 or more features vs 1 headphone Jack that some people don't even use?