cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userYMLCxWy2Mg
Asteroid

Note 10+ activation issue

I just recieved my Note10+ and tried to activate it on Sprint by. going online and I couldn’t because the imei is not reconized. I even tried to verify it on T-Mobile and do an imei check on swappa.com and they both say the same thing. I called Sprint customer service and they told me that I need to go into a store to activate it because they couldn’t activate the phone either. Technical support also told me that they cannot add IMEIs to the system and that they could at store level. I go into a store and they tell me that my phone is activated!!!! How is this possible? Then the agent at the store tells me that I have the wrong version of the unlocked phone. He told me that Samsung sent me a GSM only version and that I need to get the Global version. I’ve contacted Samsung and an agent told me that there is nothing they can do to configure the phone any further. The phone is unlocked so it should be able to connect to any type of network. He told me I need to contact sales and see what they can do for me. He transferred me to sales and I’ve been on hold for over an hour. While on hold I tried using the live chat. The agent there told me that there is a special department for the issue that I have. He transferred me to “that department “ and no one ever came online and the chat was ended. I’m getting fed up with the pass around and I just want to return the device and be done with it all.

29 REPLIES 29
userRGEds3rKbO
Asteroid

Re: Note 10+ activation issue

I had the same issue today. I tried online, I tried phone support and they told me the phone couldn't be activated. I went into a store and they told me the IMEI had probably not been loaded into the system yet because the availability of the Note's aren't supposed to be available until Friday, August 23rd... so annoying. Why ship them if they cant be activated?

Samsung_I4oQKEj
Astronaut

Same problem here and same responses. Hopefully when the...

Same problem here and same responses. Hopefully when the 23rd comes around we'll be alright. Stupid that you get the phone but can't use it.

Jrpena13
Constellation

Got mine today for T Mobile everything's working great.

Got mine today for T Mobile everything's working great.

useruummdu2Y7K
Constellation

Having the exact same issue. Sprint and Samsung tech support are clueless. Apparently, Samsung has not handed over the IMEIs of the unlocked phones to Sprint. This is needs to be resolved ASAP. Why ship a phone that won't activate? Show some common sense, Samsung!

usermHJOIH8spb
Constellation

This is a Sprint issue  they don't want unlocked phones and make it harder to activate than Sprint branded phones.  I have had this issue every year since my note 8. Samsung needs to grow some balls and ship Sprint sim cards as they did with Tmobile and of all carriers Verizon 

userzC2YamlnMA
Constellation

Got my Note 10+ today. Activated it via the prompts at st...

Got my Note 10+ today. Activated it via the prompts at start up. Everything is working flawlessly.

userYMLCxWy2Mg
Asteroid

I'm on the phone with Samsung sales now. 

userYMLCxWy2Mg
Asteroid

All the agent could do was put in an expedited help ticket. Someone will be in contact with in 3-5 business days. A bunch of bull

userJaKaqrE4yT
Constellation

It's not Samsung but your individual carrier.... They don...

It's not Samsung but your individual carrier.... They don't care since you didn't buy a phone from them so you have to wait. Or if you have an active Sim card just start the phone set up AND THAN insert Sim to move number over to phone.