cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

Note 10 & Android 10 broke Do Not Disturb.

When I got the phone had Android 9 and DND is set to come on at 11PM.  It did - silently.  Now with Android 10, we get a notification when DND turns on.  So not knowing if it is a text or what, I look at the phone to see DND is enabled.  Wouldn't be a problem except for the nights that I go to bed before 11pm. 

Does ANYONE else have this issue? 

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Samsung Care Ambassador

Re: Note 10 & Android 10 broke Do Not Disturb.

Hmm, I've never seen a notification when DND is enabled. 

Are you using a Bixby routine to enable DND or just enabling it through Settings-> Notifications?

Do you get the same notification when booted in safe mode? 

Asteroid

Not using Bixby. DND schedule through settings. 

I figured it out so if any other user has the issue, can help them because Samsung help (Call center and Twitter DM) is useless. 

Highlighted
Constellation

This is happening to me and it's driving me bonkers! How did you fix it?

Highlighted
Asteroid

Pull down the notifications.  Long tap on the System UI line of the DND notification the tap on DETAILS. This will bring up a UI menu with a ton of options.  One is DND turning that off stopped the alert whenever DND was enabled by time. 

I hope this helps because SAMSUNG Help center was useless - of course the agent I talked to has an iPhone. 

Highlighted
Constellation

Thank you!!! I had been to this menu before, and the DND option showed that I couldn't turn it off. But I long pressed on it this time, and it brought up a new menu where I was able to change it to silent. Not sure why having an audible notification for DND is a thing, but I'm grateful for the help in turning it off.

Highlighted
Astronaut

Do not disturb does not work on the note 10 plus. Do not disturb should turn off all notifications and ringtones and sounds unless there is a specific override. This must be fixed!