cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Samsung_yqBo3CI
Astronaut

Note 10 and att issue!!

My note 10's imei # is showing up as an Hawaii brand phone on my att account, causing my data to not 2 work.. it is an unlocked device, and It has been doin this since last night!! Please help

11 REPLIES 11
Highlighted
Samsung Care Ambassador

Re: Note 10 and att issue!!

Hey @Samsung_yqBo3CI, I hope you're doing well.

This is a very odd issue. This is likely an AT&T specific issue and should resolve soon. At the current time of this post, the device is only available to early adopters. I assume AT&T needs to update things on there end.

I hope this helps!!!

@RedDragon, you're on AT&T, right? Did you have this issue?

Best regards,
Rydah
Samsung Care Ambassador

If you've found my post to be helpful, please like the post. If my response resolved your issue, please press the "✓ Accept as Solution" button.
userXduFg5wSGJ
Constellation

Got my phone launch day and it still doesn't work. All they can tell me is that they have the network team working on it and that I need to restart my phone in 24 hours. They have told me this five days in a row. I'm incredibly agitated.

Samsung_yqBo3CI
Astronaut

Not doing well. My device will not work, imei shows up a...

Not doing well. My device will not work, imei shows up a bogus phone. Att doesnt know what to do.. idk what to do.. I'm ready to give back this phone and get an iphone

Samsung Care Ambassador

Re: Not doing well. My device will not work, imei shows up a...

Very odd. I also have an unlocked Note10+ on AT&T and it works fine. In fact I had two Note10+ units on my AT&T account since August 7, and both worked perfectly fine (except for HD Voice and Wi-Fi Calling, but that's just how it is). 

Just to confirm, are you using an unlocked model sold in the USA? Where did you get it from?

Geno

"If my post answered your question, please be sure to accept it as solution so other users can find answers quicker. Thanks"
Samsung_yqBo3CI
Astronaut

Yes. Unlocked and bought from Samsungs website

Yes. Unlocked and bought from Samsungs website

Samsung Care Ambassador

@Samsung_yqBo3CI @userXduFg5wSGJ Can you both take a screenshots of the baseband and model number without showing the IMEI? Thanks.. Can you both also go to their website any carrier to check BYOD IMEI and see if the actual name of the phone shows?

═════════════════════════════════════
If you post new question please specify your Phone model and Carrier.
If you like my comment please hit ♥
if I answer your question please hit the 'accept as solution' button
userXduFg5wSGJ
Constellation

Here are those screen shots. When I check the IMEI on att byod site, all it says is that my device is not compatible with esim. When I use Verizon, it says note 10, tmobile can't figure it out, and nearly any other random IMEI checker is able to tell me that it is a note 10.Screenshot_20190828-074627_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20190828-074137_Settings.jpg

Samsung Care Ambassador

@userXduFg5wSGJ Thanks for sharing the screenshot is the APN settings similar to this? and your issue is no LTE right? By the way I am using exact same phone on AT&T and I have LTE as shown on the screenshot.

Screenshot_20190828-081014_Settings.jpg

═════════════════════════════════════
If you post new question please specify your Phone model and Carrier.
If you like my comment please hit ♥
if I answer your question please hit the 'accept as solution' button
userXduFg5wSGJ
Constellation

Yeah, my APN settings are identical to yours. Not so much that I don't get LTE. I don't get data at all, so no LTE or HSPA+. When I have reached out to AT&T they say that my phone's IMEI is displaying a basic Huawei phone, and not the Note10. From this, I can understand why I only have texting and calling because basic phone's don't use data for the most part. No one at AT&T can seem to figure out how to get my IMEI reclassified though.Screenshot_20190828-113446_Settings.jpg