cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

Note 10+ audio issues

For the past few days my audio has been acting up. The volume will turn it self up or down depending on what I'm doing in screen. I can have music playing and open Reddit and the music will go to full volume and then turn down when I scroll. This happens on other apps too. I restarted the phone and it still happens.

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Product Expert

Re: Note 10+ audio issues

Hi user, im sure this must be frustrating for you and id love help. i would recommend reseting your device. befor trying this make sure your information is backed up so it can be restored later. Smartswitch back up would be the best method for this. To reset the phone go to Settings > General Management > Reset > Factory data reset.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Highlighted
Asteroid

It's not severe enough to warrant a factory reset. I've got too many apps and about 400gb of stuff on my phone. This started after the last security update and I mainly wanted to make Samsung aware. Thanks for the suggestion.

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Hello,

Does this happen on the handset itself or when you have headphones on?

I would try wiping the cache partition on your device.

The system cache partition stores temporary system data. It's supposed to allow the system to access apps more quickly and efficiently, but sometimes things get cluttered and outdated, so periodic cache clearing can help make the system run more smoothly.

- Turn off the device.
- Press and hold the Volume Up key and the Bixby / Power key.
- When the Android logo displays, release both keys.
- An 'Installing system update' message will show for 30 - 60 seconds before the Android system recovery menu options appear.
- Press the Volume down key several times to highlight wipe cache partition.
- Press Bixby / Power key to select.
- Press the Volume down key to highlight yes, them and press the Bixby / Power key to select.
- When the wipe cache partition is complete, Reboot system now is highlighted.
- Press the Bixby / Power key to restart the device.

After performing these steps and the symptoms still persists, I would try clearing the cache and data on each individual apps you are experiencing this issue.

Navigate to your settings > apps > find and click on each app > storage > clear cache and data.

Highlighted
Constellation

I'm having the same exact problem with mine as well. Ever since the update its been acting like this. Its definitely noticeable when I connect my Bluetooth in my car and listen to music ... volume goes and up and down very annoying