cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Fiore325
Asteroid

Note 10+ auto restart not following schedule set

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have the auto restart turned on to happen once a week. I had it set to Saturdays at 3am. However in the almost week I've had my phone, it's restarted every night instead of just the one night I picked, which has defaulted my alarm to the ringtone which doesn't wake me up! When I double checked the autostsrt settings this morning it had changed to Wednesday at 3am. Why is it changing every day? Is there a way to stop this so it actually only restarts on the weekend when I don't need my akarm like I scheduled?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Fiore325
Asteroid

Re: Note 10+ auto restart not following schedule set

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thanks! This is useful information to have for any problems I might have in the future. However, I didn't need to try it. Yesterday when I saw it changed my schedule day I turned the auto restart off, then back on, and then picked a different day (Sunday) for it to restart at 3am. I planned on trying your steps today if it still restarted this morning, buy it didn't! I guess I reset whatever glitch was making it do that. I hadnt set it up specifically on this phone. The setting came over from my note 9 when I did the Samsung smart switch, I think, unless the default setting was the as I had it set up on that phone. 

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
userDn1brxGTrz
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'm having the same issue. My phone is restarting every morning even though i have it set to only restart at 3am once a week.

Fiore325
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userDn1brxGTrz Yesterday when I saw it changed my scheduled day, I turned the auto restart off, then back on, and then picked a different day (Sunday) for it to restart at 3am. I planned on trying the steps @SamsungJoJo posted today if it still restarted this morning, but it didn't! I guess I reset whatever glitch was making it do it!

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello @Fiore325,

I can certainly understand your frustrations regarding this. Have you tried wiping the cache partition on your device recently? See if that helps.

Follow these steps:

- Turn off the device.
- Press and hold the Volume Up key and the Bixby key, then press and hold the Power key.
- When the Android logo displays, release all three keys.
- An ‘Installing system update’ message will show for 30 – 60 seconds before the Android system recovery menu options appear.
- Press the Volume down key several times to highlight wipe cache partition.
- Press Power key to select.
- Press the Volume down key to highlight yes, them and press the Power key to select.
- When the wipe cache partition is complete, Reboot system now is highlighted.
- Press the Power key to restart the device.

Your phone will take a little time booting up after the cache partition is wiped off of its contents as it will rebuild or recreate those caches. Don’t be alarmed if the phone gets stuck on the logo for a minute or two after this just don’t turn it off so that what was deleted will be replaced successfully. So, wait for your phone to become active. Don’t worry, this procedure is very easy and safe to do. You won’t damage your phone just by wiping the cache partition.

Fiore325
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thanks! This is useful information to have for any problems I might have in the future. However, I didn't need to try it. Yesterday when I saw it changed my schedule day I turned the auto restart off, then back on, and then picked a different day (Sunday) for it to restart at 3am. I planned on trying your steps today if it still restarted this morning, buy it didn't! I guess I reset whatever glitch was making it do that. I hadnt set it up specifically on this phone. The setting came over from my note 9 when I did the Samsung smart switch, I think, unless the default setting was the as I had it set up on that phone. 

View solution in original post

Samsung_UyPnybz
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have same issue with my Note 10+.  Had it set for 3am Sunday and restarts every night!  Did anyone solve this with the removal of the auto restart program? 

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@Samsung_UyPnybz Have you made sure that your phone is up to date with the latest software?

Fiore325
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@Samsung_UyPnybz  I seemed to have fixed it myself, without any of suggestions given to me which is why I didn't pick a solution. I turned auto restart off, then back on, then picked a different day and time for it to restart. After doing that it's following the correct schedule... So far, anyway. it didn't restart at all since I change it and this morning at 3am was the first restart, which is when j picked. So hopefully it still sticks to the schedule and doesn't start restarting every day again since it didn't it once!

Samsung_UyPnybz
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I had a note 9 also which are the auto restart at 3 a.m. Monday morning and got transferred over to my Note 10 plus. So I took off auto restart and now I no longer have restarting every night eliminating my alarms, my phone calls, my messages.  

PROBLEM SOLVED!

Samsung... You should train your tech support people about this fix as they have no clue what's going on when you tell him this is the problem. This is a big problem for saying Samsung because they're telling people to trade the phones in or take it to the local fix a guy who does a wipe on the phone which destroys everything that you've done setting up your phone.