Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userWsC4KYvPjr
Constellation

Re: Note 10+ crashes with Ring app

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@usergYI5Ro4oXM wrote:

I'm having the same issue and my testing points towards a USB-C headset. The ring app causes my phone to crash and reset ONLY when I have a USB-C headset connected and go into the live view then try and do any function. Without a USB-C hedset connected I can use and navigate the live view freely.

Good catch!  That is exactly what the issue is.  My Note 10+ 5G with Verizon only crashes when I click live view but have the usb earbuds that came with the phone connected.  Eventhough I always use LTE to view my Ring videos it is a simple fix of not leaving them connected when checking Ring 'Live' videos and that's no problem.  Thanks!

Samsung_UyPnybz
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Well  I've been working with Ring advanced support. It came down to them wanting me to reset the network settings in settings. This wipes out the Wi-Fi settings and Bluetooth settings. Not a big deal.

The good news is that it worked!

They said it there were issues with S10's and Note 10's because of a glitch in the Wi-Fi settings. Well It did work until I added back the 1st item in Bluetooth and it went back to exactly  what it was doing before .

I will continue to be working with Ring and I should have an answer for all of you soon!!!

Peace...

userBFlV9qnvPH
Constellation

Note 10+ crashes with ring app

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My note 10+ is rebooting when I access the live feed of the ring app

Help!!!!!

usernUz9qtNNWK
Constellation

Re: Note 10+ crashes with ring app

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same Issue Here!

Samsung_lAg1TSi
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Mine started doing this today. I was connected to a Bluetooth adapter, after shutting off Bluetooth it stopped shutting my phone down and seems to be working as normal. 

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@Samsung_lAg1TSi What troubleshooting steps have you tried in regards to your issue?

Highlighted
Samsung_UyPnybz
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Yea!!! Thank God. Last week's ring app update fixed this Note 10+ problem of restarting my Note 10+!! Case closed! Update the Ring app.

View solution in original post

usergEFMht0ZTW
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My note10+ is doing  the same thing and crashes on live feed on my Ring doorbell....but if I turn off my Bluetooth off it connects straight away and no crashes!....turn bluetooth back on and ring app live feed crashes my phone again!

userdN9V7jkUr7
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have the same issue. Works great once the Bluetooth is turned off, but once I turn it back on it crashed. Very frustrating!

userc7rdh6AFv3
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I figured out a fix for this.  If you enable the timeline feature the app will work with Live View and Bluetooth.  I tested this and it works for me now.