Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userPAbvLplVYy
Constellation

Note 10+ display changes color when viewing photos

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi, 

I've had my note 10+ for about a week and every time I go to look at any of my photos, as soon as I open up the thumbnail, the entire screen instantly turns more yellow. This happens in gallery and google photos, even with downloaded photos. I removed my theme to see if that was the cause, turned off adaptive display and the blue light filter and even tried using a whole different launcher.. but it still does it. Is anyone else having this problem or know of a solution?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
user1GW11gad7P
Constellation

Re: Note 10+ display changes color when viewing photos

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I was having the same issue on my Note 10 but recently found out how to solve it. 

You need to open the google play books app or download it if you dont already have it (I know that sounds weird and random but it works!) Then select a book to read. If you don't already have any books just download a free sample. When you are reading a book, click on the double A's that look like this Aa. Then click on the tone tab, click on the settings icon next to night light, schedule should be set to none, and under intensity select turn off now. After that my gallery has not changed to that yellowish color. Hope this helps you!

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
SirWalt
Galaxy

JUMP TO SOLUTION

No I have not heard that one before. I had a problem with my navigation bar buttons not working. I just reset the accessibility settings first, and then. Secondly reset settings in the general management app it will restart automatically back into normal mode.. You will not lose any apps, data or your pics, that might help, it help me. But, you need to do it in safe mode. Hold the volume down and Bixby at the same time then hold power off, it and then hit safe mode it will restart in safe mode. It will however reset everything to default. Just trying to help.

user3td67Gq82n
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Check in google play store books if you use it they have a setting in it that has some filter for night reading make sure its toggled off

Highlighted
userrzA1k3VZhI
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have the same issue.  I take a photo at night inside the house with descent lighting, it looks normal in the thumb nail and then when I click on it, it initially looks normal and then it turns to a yellow tint.  It shows up in both google and samsung gallery.  However, when I open the samsung gallery up in the morning, they seemed to not have the yellow tint but the same photo in the google gallery now does.   I also sent the photo as a text and it sent clear without the yellow tint.  To me it seems like a blue light filter but it's definitely not turned of .  I would love to figure out what's going here.  This is very annoying.  

user1GW11gad7P
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I was having the same issue on my Note 10 but recently found out how to solve it. 

You need to open the google play books app or download it if you dont already have it (I know that sounds weird and random but it works!) Then select a book to read. If you don't already have any books just download a free sample. When you are reading a book, click on the double A's that look like this Aa. Then click on the tone tab, click on the settings icon next to night light, schedule should be set to none, and under intensity select turn off now. After that my gallery has not changed to that yellowish color. Hope this helps you!

View solution in original post

userKvgL2gDPaM
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thank you.  Had the same issue and your solution really fixed it 

itsfrickinbats
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This did not fix the issue for me. It also only happens at night. It really blows when I cant edit my pictures at all at night because I have no idea how they actually look. Does anyone have any other ideas????