cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

Note 10+ edge lighting problems

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Under the effects options for note 10+, wave and basic are the same.  No change in effect.  Also,  multicolor only lights up on the top left corner and is not multicolored at all just one color. Do I have a lemon? And I'm not even getting notification sounds even tho the volume is all the way up.  I regret upgrading from note 9...

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Asteroid

Re: Note 10+ edge lighting problems

JUMP TO SOLUTION

After factory restoring it did work.  Then I started adding my settings which included developer options enabled. I always reduce animation effects from 1x to 0. I enabled that and the problem returned.  I guess if I want edge lighting,  I'll have to suffer with these animations... I guess I solved my own problem but thanks to everyone for the suggestions!!

View solution in original post

22 REPLIES 22
Highlighted
Constellation

Dude feels bad man probably of should gotten the 10 plus...

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Dude feels bad man probably of should gotten the 10 plus but withwout the note

Highlighted
Samsung Care Ambassador

JUMP TO SOLUTION

The only difference I notice between wave and basic is that wave has a little pebble wave pattern that starts at the notification box and goes outward. Bubble is similar also, the bubble effect is directly under the notification box. 

Multicolor doesn't change much. I have it set to a green color and it only moves from green to a blue and back to green. It does circle around the entire screen though. If you want true multicolor, pick "Glitter". 

You might want to increase the duration too so you can enjoy the effect more. 

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

That's what I mean.  I see the effect on bubble under the notification popup but nothing under wave and like I said,  multicolor doesn't crawl around the screen,  it just stays put in the top left corner and is only one color. there seems to be a glitch on my device. 

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Having same issue on 10+ unlocked version.

Rest of the options work fine but multicolor only works in top left

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

When using multi-color have you changed the duration of it from your settings? Do you experience these symptoms with all notifications or specific notifications? Have you tested your device in safe mode to see if you experience similar symptoms?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

The duration is set to the longest.  Transparency is set to the lowest,  and width is to the thickest.  Still only on top left,  one color,  across all notifications. How can I test it in safe mode?

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

To put your device in safe mode press the power button and volume down, once you see the power off option tap and hold on it until you see safe mode, then tap on safe mode.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Still the error persists even in safe mode. 

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Have you tried wiping the cache partition on your device?