cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userbSHWreRORB
Constellation

Note 10+ huge speaker phone bug !!!!!!!!!!!!

Ever since I bought this Note 10+ , i havn't been able to use it as a "phone" for calling because of an issue which is driving me crazy.

On this phone, the outogoing phone calls would suddenly go on loudspeaker, even when i have not pressed the speaker button and the speker also does not show as green .

The same happens for WhatsApp calls, both incoming and outgoing. The call would start in earpiece but then suddenly the loudspeaker turns on and everyone else around me can hear the conversation. Unaccetable !!!

This is such a huge privacy concern and bugs like these are not acceptable for a phone this expensive.

Steps to replicate are simple:

1. Place a phonecall and disconnect after 30sec. 

2. Upon disconnecting, press the redial button immediately. 

Try it a couple of times and you'll see the call will go on speaker suddenly....

I have very limited apps and have tried revoking all phone and system access permissions for all apps.

In safe mode, there is no whatsapp so i cannot try. 

I need a reply soon or i would need to file a claim for damrages caused due to privacy circumvention

5 REPLIES 5
Samsung Care Ambassador

Re: Note 10+ huge speaker phone bug !!!!!!!!!!!!

By any chance to you have installed a screen protector? Sometimes these can cause phantom touches and make unexpected things happen. 

userbSHWreRORB
Constellation

I do not have any screen protector installed. 

Even if it was and if it was the case of accidental touches, I would have seen the loudspeaker sign turned to green - indicating that it has been presseed. But that's never the case. 

There is absoloutely no indication on the screen that the speakerphone is turned on but the sound comes from the bottom loud speaker. When that happens, covering the proxity sensor, transfers the voice to and from the top and the bottom speakers. very starnage issue. 

It's an issue I read about for Note 9, but disappointed to see that it continues for Note 10 as well . 

Any Advice ? 

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Do you experience these symptoms if you test your device in safe mode? Have you tried wiping the cache partition on your device? Are you experiencing this with all apps or specific apps?

Samsung Care Ambassador

@userbSHWreRORB are you saying that on safe mode the phone  call works fine except for whatsapp?

═════════════════════════════════════
If you post new question please specify your Phone model and Carrier.
If you like my comment please hit ♥
if I answer your question please hit the 'accept as solution' button
Black Hole

@userbSHWreRORB wrote:

Ever since I bought this Note 10+ , i havn't been able to use it as a "phone" for calling because of an issue which is driving me crazy.

On this phone, the outogoing phone calls would suddenly go on loudspeaker, even when i have not pressed the speaker button and the speker also does not show as green .

The same happens for WhatsApp calls, both incoming and outgoing. The call would start in earpiece but then suddenly the loudspeaker turns on and everyone else around me can hear the conversation. Unaccetable !!!

This is such a huge privacy concern and bugs like these are not acceptable for a phone this expensive.

Steps to replicate are simple:

1. Place a phonecall and disconnect after 30sec. 

2. Upon disconnecting, press the redial button immediately. 

Try it a couple of times and you'll see the call will go on speaker suddenly....

I have very limited apps and have tried revoking all phone and system access permissions for all apps.

In safe mode, there is no whatsapp so i cannot try. 

I need a reply soon or i would need to file a claim for damrages caused due to privacy circumvention

Tried on my phone, but could't repro it. Maybe it has something to do with specific carrier?