JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Note 10 low temp won't charge

(Topic created: 06-10-2020 06:33 PM)
Samsung_5dZvgT3
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

I plugged my phone up to charge this past weekend. It will not charge anymore. It stays at 1 % and alarms with low temp will resume charging when temp rises. This apparently has to be a manufacture defect. Especially sense there are thousands of posts about it. What do you expect me to do Samsung? 

19 Replies
Josh_B
Product Expert
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Hello 5dZvgT3,

Unfortunately it sounds like an issue with the motherboard or temp sensor. Due to a lot of places shut down at the moment the fastest way in getting it repaired will be contacting 1-800-Samsung and sending it off to them to be fixed.  Hope this helps and I'm sorry to hear about your situation. 

0 Likes
useraZBhIMYpoP
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Same thing happened to me .checking the internet did all the restart etc and didn't work then I saw a technician dissemble one and show the wireless connection that can cause the issue.  I tapped the phone 3 times below lens toward the middle of the back of the phone and start charging.

Samsung_pttkcKt
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

I took a heat gun to the phone and lightly heated it.  Charging resumed without a skip. So wierd. I shouldnt have to do this. But, it worked... im sure a heating pad would work too. But all I'm saying, heat = Charging.

0 Likes
userfRvZnPkM68
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

This worked foe me. thanks!!!!!

0 Likes
jellodragon
Product Expert
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Hello,

See if these steps may be helpful.

Get into recovery mode:

1. Hold the power button, the volume up and down buttons.

2. The phone should reboot

2a. Once the phone reboots, hold the volume up button and the power button down. 

2b. The phone should go into recovery mode

3. Once its in recovery mode, you can use the volume buttons to move up and down and the power button to select

4. Select "wipe cache"

5. Restart the phone. If that still does not work, repeat steps 1-3, and this time select "factory reset"

6. Restart the phone

If the phone does not even get into recovery mode, it may need further one on one care, and specific attention by a technician to it. 

For Samsung Care Authorized locations near you:

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/locations/

0 Likes
Brian_SMG
Product Expert
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Hi sorry to hear about the low temp charge. you may PM a @samsungmoderator to help further assist you in resolving your note 10!

0 Likes
userQ8EDvEN1Lp
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

I'm having the same issue. The first time it happened was 3 weeks after I got the phone. I didn't trip too much bc my phone was on 85% and I was just topping it off before heading out. Later that evening it worked without any issues. In fact it worked fine for a month and then did the same thing again but this time it didn't start back up and I had to place my phone on ultra power save mode. ¹

SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

I would be happy to look into this further for you. Can I please have your full model number and IMEI in a private message: http://bit.ly/2JH2rq2

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
userlqqmhqxRMC
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

@SamsungAdam @I am having the same issue. Would you be able to help get it fixed