cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

Note 10 not reading USB

So I now own a Note 10 and when I try to transfer files I plug in a USB with the type c my phone cannot read the USB. Any one else have this issue?

15 REPLIES 15
Highlighted
Constellation

Re: Note 10 not reading USB

Yeah, so odd thing, I own a note 10+ and I faced the same issue. I plugged in a Kingston type c USB hybrid pendrive and there was no response from the phone. The even weirder thing was that I tried finding a solution to this thing online, but no one is talking about it, I tried searching for this about a couple weeks back but there was nothing. So I tried the pendrive with my friend's s10+ and I found the same issue. So apparently there is an issue but no one has asked anything about it anywhere online. 

Highlighted
Constellation

Did you get to the bottom of this? Mine worked for the first week and has now stopped also 😭

Highlighted
Constellation

I too am having this problemo the new note 10 + I  received yesterday. I am seeing many questions on the internet but no solutions. 

Highlighted
Asteroid

Have you tried looking under 'My Files'

I found my SD card there by scrolling past the internal storage etc until I found it. I was able to save the files I wanted by copying them to the sd card, then I used move file to SD card once I was confident it was working, thus freeing up space on my phone. Hope this helps.

Highlighted
Astronaut

How would that help? Its still on the phone. How do you connect a USB and transfer to that?

Highlighted
Astronaut

I have used many USB drives and an external HDD on my Note 10 initially. But I noticed that after I updated to Android 10 beta and eventually to the public release, it always says that "there's an issue with the drive and needs formatting". This is bad on Samsung's part.

Highlighted
Constellation

Do this and it will fix the issue.

Now, please follow these steps to debug your Samsung Galaxy Note 10/10+.

Step 1: Turn on your Samsung Galaxy Note 10/10+. Go to Settings.

Step 2: Under Settings option, select About phone, then choose Software Information.

Step 3: Scroll down the screen and tap Build number several times until you see a pop-up message that says "Developer mode has been enabled".

Enable Developer Option on Galaxy Note 10/10+

Step 4: Tap on Back button to return and you will see the Developer options menu under Settings.

Step 5: Click on Developer options. Slide the "Developer Options" button to "On".

Step 6: Then scroll down the screen and turn on "USB debugging". You will see a messages "Allow USB Debugging", click "OK".

Highlighted
Asteroid

Dear I followed all your steps but its not working. 

I bought new Sandisk Extreme Pro 500GB SSD. Its working fine in all devices except my Note 10 Plus. When I connect first time, I can read and write to the disk. After I finished moving any file to SSD I am getting warning as "Can't write to USB Storage". I format the drive multiple times, shutdown, restart and followed you're steps. But nothing working. 

Please letme me know how to solve this. If I know this before, I would've never bought this mobile. 

Highlighted
Constellation

Do the following steps and it will fix the problem i promise...😉

Now, please follow these steps to debug your Samsung Galaxy Note 10/10+.

Step 1: Turn on your Samsung Galaxy Note 10/10+. Go to Settings.

Step 2: Under Settings option, select About phone, then choose Software Information.

Step 3: Scroll down the screen and tap Build number several times until you see a pop-up message that says "Developer mode has been enabled".

Enable Developer Option on Galaxy Note 10/10+

Step 4: Tap on Back button to return and you will see the Developer options menu under Settings.

Step 5: Click on Developer options. Slide the "Developer Options" button to "On".

Step 6: Then scroll down the screen and turn on "USB debugging". You will see a messages "Allow USB Debugging", click "OK".