JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

AKG Bundled Earbuds Not Being Detected

(Topic created: 01-24-2020 09:10 AM)
userhmbuaC6lH7
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

The AKG earbuds that came with the phone (USB type-C) is not working when I plug it into my phone. I have no other means of finding out if they work with other devices as everyone else in my household is with Apple. 

Problem: When I plug the earbuds into the phone, the phone will still play music through its speakers and Not through tht e earbuds. I have tried waiting a little bit and it's still not working. I have cleared the cache partition and downloaded the app: Samsung Type-C. To no avail, the phone is still playing sound through the speakers. Charging the phone is completely fine though..

Any other suggestions Samsung? These are the only earbuds that I have because I lost my Gear iconX a couple weeks ago.

77 Replies
SamsungRei
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

@userKyPO7jymXC Please send a private message with the model code and the IMEI number of the phone so I may assist you further. http://bit.ly/2XERsky

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
userKyPO7jymXC
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Hi Rei, I've already spoken to Samsung support and replacement headphones are being sent out which I should receive in a few days.

If that solves the problem I'll update this post accordingly. 

Thanks

0 Likes
SamsungRei
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

@userKyPO7jymXC That is perfect! If you do need any assistance, you are welcome to directly message any of the moderators. I look forward to your update!

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
usersgLIJU6pmW
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Same issue with my Note 10+, supplied headphones stopped working after a security update. What do we have to do to resolve this issue?

0 Likes
useroHFHdToCUq
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

You need to talk to the person ahead of customer service and every person you talk to make sure you get there full name. You need to change the way you said it happened. What im getting at is don't make out like you went swimming you get what I'm saying. But like you said they must honor there warranty. There warranty is like there word is there bond.

0 Likes
user6aBFXHnoSQ
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

I've had the same issue and hard reset of the phone fixed it for me. Only ever had it happen once.

0 Likes
userKyPO7jymXC
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Replacement headphones arrived from Samsung today and they work perfectly.

Thanks all.

0 Likes
SamsungRei
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

That's awesome! I am so happy to hear this was resolved for you! Please let me know if you have any additional questions or concerns!

0 Likes
userNvIJA2mfXC
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

What is type of rplacement headphones please help me I have the same problem

userHHc60hLJTH
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

im having this same issue that just started today, the ear buds were working fine yesterday and today nothing. These are the only usb-c headphones I have and have no others to test.

0 Likes