cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kissa1001
Asteroid

Note 10 plus S pen extract wrong text

Hello everyone, I have an Note 10+ and the S pen extracts wrong text sometimes. This never happened before on any of my Notes. Anybody seen this before?Screenshot_20191022-080811_Samsung capture.jpg

Screenshot_20191021-155658_Samsung capture.jpg

Screenshot_20191021-155622_Samsung capture.jpg

8 REPLIES 8
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Note 10 plus S pen extract wrong text

Does this occur with the device in safe mode?

Kissa1001
Asteroid

Yes it is.Screenshot_20191022-114923_Samsung capture.jpg

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Hmmm, if you still experience this symptom while your device is in safe mode I would recommend having your device evaluated by a certified technician. You may have two options for this depending on your location. You can either, visit a local uBreakiFix location or you have the option of shipping your device into the Samsung service center. If you would like to ship your device in send me a private message with your full model code and IMEI number and I can get that all set up for you.

Kissa1001
Asteroid

So last week when I reported this problem to my career provider, they have replaced me with another Note 10 plus and apparently the issue exists with this new phone too. Then I took my husband's phone which is also Note 10+ and his phone does the same thing. So T-Mobile rep said this can be only caused by the software so they recommended me to report this issue to Samsung so Samsung can make a software update about this problem.

Gpf2ez
Constellation

I have found that it does a lot better with giving it as much white space around the word as possible.

Comet

Mine does sort of the same thing   If I grab a line in a sentence,  it often displays the entire sentence and not just the line I've grabbed     It's weird 

YEONFEEL
Cosmic Ray

If it is an webpage, specific sites may has some invisible transparent layers over the page. (For like menu and other interactive menu things, some page uses trick just letting them transparent over the page rather than disappearing.) Because S Pen detects the elements on the page, OCR may not work in specific 'wrong made' pages.

Kissa1001
Asteroid

I would think that this is a web page problem but my Note 9 has never let me down in this scenarios. I use Spen a lot, especially this feature.