cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userKhb0jROu8X
Constellation

Note 10 plus update

Anyone at @samsung that deals with the creation of system updates or camera software updates

Please compare the camera live focus with. 

A Note 10 plus running N975USQU1ASGO Camera version 9.5.00.51

With a note 10 plus after updating to N975USQU1ASHB Camera version 9.5.00.58

There is a huge difference in the live focuses ability to capture objects when the phone is closer.

After the update the phone will not lock in on the subject unless it's much further away 

Also there is a drastic decline in the overall picture quality as well.

After updating I purchased a new phone and will be returning the updated one.

Considering I thought the device was defective. After doing a comparison the one running the older software is so much better in overall performance of the camera.

I hope this helps address the problem and create a fix.

The older software make the note 10 plus a much more superior device.

2 REPLIES 2
Honored Contributor

Re: Note 10 plus update

@userKhb0jROu8X wrote:

Anyone at @samsung that deals with the creation of system updates or camera software updates

Please compare the camera live focus with. 

A Note 10 plus running N975USQU1ASGO Camera version 9.5.00.51

With a note 10 plus after updating to N975USQU1ASHB Camera version 9.5.00.58

There is a huge difference in the live focuses ability to capture objects when the phone is closer.

After the update the phone will not lock in on the subject unless it's much further away 

Also there is a drastic decline in the overall picture quality as well.

After updating I purchased a new phone and will be returning the updated one.

Considering I thought the device was defective. After doing a comparison the one running the older software is so much better in overall performance of the camera.

I hope this helps address the problem and create a fix.

The older software make the note 10 plus a much more superior device.

I believe today or late last night Camera app got an update via Galaxy Store.  Could it be the issue and not the build?

You can reset the camera app:

Tap and hold camera app shortcut on your home screen. Then when context menu appears, tap on App info. Then go to storage and clear data

Highlighted
userKhb0jROu8X
Constellation

Re: Note 10 plus update

@samsung I went through therecommended steps that you suggested it does nothing to address the problem.

Bottom line is when the system software update was released it affected the camera performance in regards to the live focus and it's ability to lock onto and capture an item from closer. After the update the phone has to be much further away and there is also a decline in the overall picture clarity. 

Compare the two side by side you will notice the difference. 

Also I have the latest update to the camera which did not address the issue.

At this point I can't up update until this is fixed. Considering it drastically decreases the Note 10 pluses camera. 

The decline makes it much more like the note 9's live focuses ability. As it loses it's subject easily.

Thank you.