cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
usert1IJ0sHU58
Constellation

Note 10 plus wont show notifications!

On my new Note 10 plus it wont show email notifications or anything on the always on or on the home screen notification bar.

I've checked app permissions and everything.  What gives.

26 REPLIES 26
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Note 10 plus wont show notifications!

Does this occur with the Email app or the Gmail app?

Mesabre316
Constellation

I'm having the same issue, as is my dad. Both of us purchased the Note 10+. For me, any push notifications only show sporadically (this can be email, text, app notifications, etc) as well as texts not coming through properly. It'll work OK for an hour or so, then nothing comes through for hours, and after about 5-6 hours they MIGHT show up. If I reboot, they typically show up about 5 minutes later, but it doesn't keep working for more than an hour or so. It's super frustrating, as I have business clients trying to text me urgent requests, and I get them 5 hours later, or I'm trying to sign into an app that requires text verification, and the text doesn't show for hours, and by then it's invalid. 

userFNgkdWOnxb
Constellation

I have the same problem.  I've only had the phone for a week or two and it has never displayed any notifications from any app.  I just get a sound.  I've done everything suggested in this thread as Oct-21

I use this for work also and seeing notifications is critical.  Please help! 

• try to go to settings -> notifcation -> status bar -> select "all notification" - Done
  • Settings>Apps>[Select Any App]>Battery>Optimize Battery Usage - I don't have battery optimization on at all
  • make sure "Hide content" is off and "Show on Always On Display" is turned on -  done

• When I used smart switch from my old phone, I had NCleaner  - I switched from an iPhone so no apps came over
Samsung Care Ambassador

@usert1IJ0sHU58 try to go to settings -> notifcation -> status bar -> select "all notification"

═════════════════════════════════════
If you post new question please specify your Phone model and Carrier.
If you like my comment please hit ♥
if I answer your question please hit the 'accept as solution' button
userMow8kZNKSe
Constellation

I'm having the same issue and all my settings are set to show the app badge icons. I've restarted multiple times to no avail. I only just bought the phone on Sunday and this is maddening. Any hidden settings I'm not finding? Any help appreciated!🙏

userplynIrxt9E
Astronaut

I do not get push notifications from Hangouts, outlook and sometimes Gmail. I have a brand new note 10+ unlocked that I bought directly from Samsung. I have done what you stated above and it doesn't help.

StalwartHero
Constellation

Have you found a solution yet? Do you recall what changed between the time your phone was working properly and when the status/notification bar went away? This happened to me 3 or 4 days ago and there's nothing that I can think of that I may have changed. No new apps or downloads or anything. The phone was just suddenly  faulty.

userMow8kZNKSe
Constellation

I'm having the same issue and all my settings are set to show the app badge icons. I've restarted multiple times to no avail. I only just bought the phone on Sunday and this is maddening. Any hidden settings I'm not finding? Any help appreciated!🙏

userTFJFs8ks0W
Constellation

Try going to Settings>Apps>[Select Any App]>Battery>Optim...

Try going to Settings>Apps>[Select Any App]>Battery>Optimize Battery Usage. From there, tap Apps not optimized and select All. Go down the list of apps from which you are not getting notifications and turn off the battery optimization. This worked for me for Gmail and Google Calendar. Hope this works for you too.