cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Note 10+ speaker phone disables itself randomly during calls

Using the Samsung Phone app in Android 10, the speaker phone shuts off at random times, whether I'm holding it or have it laying on a table. When it shuts off, the speaker phone icon is still green in the app, so I have to press it twice to toggle it. It proceeds to work for a couple more minutes before shutting off again. Toggling the speaker phone icon through the notification bar doesn't work - it only works if I pull up the full app. 

I've already tried clearing cache/data. I've even tried switching my default phone app to a different dialer, but it just ignores it and pulls up the Samsung phone app for everything anyway. 

Any clues??

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Note 10+ speaker phone disables itself randomly during calls

Do you experience these symptoms if you test your device in safe mode?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Astronaut

Hi,

Has anyone answered you witha a solution for this issue? Other than asking the standard canned question about Safe Mode... 

Highlighted
Constellation

No one has told me anything useful, but I found out that Google Voice is the culprit for me. The speakerphone mutes whenever I go from Gvoice to the homescreen or the app switcher. No idea how to fix this, but it's not as frustrating since I know why it happens.