cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Note 10+ terrible performance (plus samsung website broken links)

Welp, I'm finally sick and tired of this phone.  The performance terrible and it simply cannot keep up - the previous note works faster and smoother (so does my note 5).  The wifi is extremely terrible.  This is the only device in my household that has wifi issues.  As soon as i turn my wifi OFF, everything loads immediately.  ITS USUALLY THE OPPOSITE!  On top of that and more, the battery life does not last a full day.  Everyone knows me as the person with the dead phone.  And its brand new.  I will never buy another piece of samsung garbage again.  BUT since i spend way too much money on this phone, is there anything i can do to get this rectified?  

P.S. @samsung - the support site is broken.  Put in Note and Note10+ and the site does NOT LOAD ANYTHING.  NICE!  thanks for the 'support'

9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Note 10+ terrible performance (plus samsung website broken links)

Does the device perform well in safe mode? Have you updated the device recently? You can also try clearing the cache partition. The system cache partition stores temporary system data. It's supposed to allow the system to access apps more quickly and efficiently, but sometimes things get cluttered and outdated, so a periodic cache clearing can help make the system run more smoothly.  
Follow these steps:  
- Turn off the device. 
- Press and hold the Volume Up key and the Bixby key, then press and hold the Power key. 
- When the Android logo displays, release all three keys. 
- An ‘Installing system update’ message will show for 30 – 60 seconds before the Android system recovery menu options appear. 
- Press the Volume down key several times to highlight wipe cache partition. 
- Press Power key to select. 
- Press the Volume down key to highlight yes, them and press the Power key to select. 
- When the wipe cache partition is complete, Reboot system now is highlighted. 
- Press the Power key to restart the device. 
Your phone will take a little time booting up after the cache partition is wiped off of its contents as it will rebuild or recreate those caches. Don’t be alarmed if the phone gets stuck on the logo for a minute or two after this just don’t turn it off so that what was deleted will be replaced successfully. So, wait for your phone to become active. Don’t worry, this procedure is very easy and safe to do. You won’t damage your phone just by wiping the cache partition.  

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Constellation

I will try this, thank you! I will reply with results.  I'm thinking this will help with overall peformance but doubting it will help with my wifi issues which is the biggest problem.  Still hoping, tho.

Highlighted
Constellation

So, when i do this, i get to a menu that says custom os installation.  Cant find any cache options.  As far as i know there's no bixby key on the note 10+.  

Any other suggestions? 

Also: safe mode does not change performance or wifi issues and my phone is always up to date.  I've reset it twice already so i dont want to do that

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Just to clarify are you pressing the Volume Up Key, Bixby, and Power at the same time, usually if you see a screen that says custom OS installation it's the key sequence of Volume down, Bixby and Power at the same time?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Constellation

There is no Bixby button on the Samsung Note 10+.  

You guys have me looking all over my phone for another button like a clown 🤣

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Give these steps a try: 

1. Turn off the device.
  2. Press and hold the Volume Up key and the Bixby / Power key.
  3. When the Android logo displays, release both keys.
  4. An 'Installing system update' message will show for 30 - 60 seconds before the Android system recovery menu options appear.
  5. Press the Volume down key several times to highlight wipe cache partition.
  6. Press Bixby / Power key to select.
  7. Press the Volume down key to highlight yes, them and press the Bixby / Power key to select.
  8. When the wipe cache partition is complete, Reboot system now is highlighted.
  9. Press the Bixby / Power key to restart the device.

Highlighted
Constellation

Yes, this worked!  To wipe the cache, anyway.  I have successfully completed that step and will see if this fixes my issues and report back!  Thank you.

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Wonderful. Please keep me posted and we would be happy to assist you further.

Cosmic Ray

I appreciate you @SamsungLarry.
@Empathic please follow the instruction as he (@SamsungLarry) told you.