cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userx6xj9C6p4a
Asteroid

Note 10+ touching pop-up text notification opens a mini window of the app and it's dumb

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This mini preview window that opens after you touch the little pop-up bubble is the most inefficient and poorly designed feature. It doesn't go away unless you touch the little tiny X up in the right corner, and that's only if you manage not to accidentally touch any of the other tiny buttons that are in very close proximity. You can touch the home button and it will minimize the window back into a bubble. From there, even if you touch your main app icon on the home screen, it still will only open that mini window again instead of the full screen version. The annoying mini window stays on top of all other apps, getting in the way. What should happen is if you tap away from it on what's behind... It. Should. Go. AWAY. So you HAVE to touch that tiny X to make that annoying mini window go away. It would be much more tolerable if it not only had a much bigger, easier to touch, X-off button, but it should also disappear once you've typed out your reply and hit send. And while you're at it make the SEND button bigger and more prominent, bc that's wt eff you're trying to do here right? Send the message off and move on with your life. I don't even mind the little pop-up bubble, but I want that to open the full app when I touch it.  I've tried multiple different settings deep into the menu to change it, with no success. I already know how to turn off pop ups and previews, this is not what I'm talking about. I want those options without that stupid mini window. So if anyone knows how to eliminate just that from my life, that would be great. If it's not possible, then Samsung needs to get on top of it and make it happen!

20191030_005718.jpg

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Samsung Care Ambassador

Re: Note 10+ touching pop-up text notification opens a mini window of the app and it's dumb

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey, 

@userx6xj9C6p4a

I have read your post and the replies.

I have turned smart pop-up off and I'm currently running edge screen, edge lighting, edge lighting interaction is on.

When the notifications come in if I tap the bubble it opens the app. When I swipe down on the notification it opens the mini window. 

I understand what your saying with regard to the smart pop-up mini window. 

I have a suggestion that might help you and lots of other people who would like to see some improvements and features added to the smart pop-up window.

Create a new post and tag it as smart pop-up feedback, feature request ect. 

Name the app, explain what it is you don't like and of course offer them suggestions that will improve the user experience. 

I expect a lot of people try it and like the idea of it but then turn it off. 

When I open the mini window I would like to see a separate horizontal panel below it with larger navigation buttons. Reply, back to pop-up icon, open message app, close pop-up ect. 

The tags will help bring this to the Samsung developers attention when they are looking for community ideas for features and improvements. 

Best regards, 

CLF 

View solution in original post

16 REPLIES 16
Samsung Care Ambassador

Re: Note 10+ touching pop-up text notification opens a mini window of the app and it's dumb

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi @userx6xj9C6p4a , it sounds like you may have "Smart pop-up view" enabled for that app. 

1. Open Settings
  2. Open Advanced features
  3. Open Smart pop-up view
  4. Ensure that this is turned off for the app shown in your screen shot. 
Lokiraven
Astronaut

Re: Note 10+ touching pop-up text notification opens a mini window of the app ..

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Yes you can get rid of that in your notifications settings and for whatever app your taking about you click.on it and gives you options to silent or sound or sound &popup and silent and minimize that's where you take care of that it's in your settings and go to notifications and all.you apps you can control how you get notifications

userx6xj9C6p4a
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Y'all obviously didn't read till the end. But I understand it is quite a wall of text... 

I've [already] dove into the different settings. I already know how to turn off pop ups and previews, this is not what I'm talking about. I'm referring to just the badly designed mini window. So if anyone knows how to eliminate just that from my life, that would be great. If it's not possible, then Samsung needs to get on top of it and make it happen!

Samsung Care Ambassador

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userx6xj9C6p4a wrote:

Y'all obviously didn't read till the end. But I understand it is quite a wall of text... 

I've [already] dove into the different settings. I already know how to turn off pop ups and previews, this is not what I'm talking about. I'm referring to just the badly designed mini window. So if anyone knows how to eliminate just that from my life, that would be great. If it's not possible, then Samsung needs to get on top of it and make it happen!

Hi @userx6xj9C6p4a it is unclear if you only checked settings under Settings -> Notifications or if you did what I suggested and check in Settings -> Advanced features. 

Re: Note 10+ touching pop-up text notification opens a mini window of the app ..

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Turn it off, I did the same thing, hated the functionality of it, go into settings notifications, notification style , the list will be sound and popup, sound, press sound, no more popups, all done!

g7755725
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

It happens to me at random and idk how.i do it

Samsung Care Ambassador

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey, 

@userx6xj9C6p4a

I have read your post and the replies.

I have turned smart pop-up off and I'm currently running edge screen, edge lighting, edge lighting interaction is on.

When the notifications come in if I tap the bubble it opens the app. When I swipe down on the notification it opens the mini window. 

I understand what your saying with regard to the smart pop-up mini window. 

I have a suggestion that might help you and lots of other people who would like to see some improvements and features added to the smart pop-up window.

Create a new post and tag it as smart pop-up feedback, feature request ect. 

Name the app, explain what it is you don't like and of course offer them suggestions that will improve the user experience. 

I expect a lot of people try it and like the idea of it but then turn it off. 

When I open the mini window I would like to see a separate horizontal panel below it with larger navigation buttons. Reply, back to pop-up icon, open message app, close pop-up ect. 

The tags will help bring this to the Samsung developers attention when they are looking for community ideas for features and improvements. 

Best regards, 

CLF 

View solution in original post

userx6xj9C6p4a
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

You get me, you really get me!Smiley Very Happy

Thank you for the detailed suggestions!

Samsung Care Ambassador

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey, 

@userx6xj9C6p4a 

Thank you for your kind thoughts. My pointer finger is incompatible with micro icons and one millimeter spacing.

I turned it off again.

Thanks for writing about this I hope they take notice and add some features and improvements. 

Very best regards, 

CLF