cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
uservtGUz1JndO
Asteroid

Note 10 vibration stopped working

I've had my Note 10 since launch, last night my vibration motor just died. I searched googled and found a few threads on Reddit as well as the official Samsung forum regarding the exact same issue. I contacted Samsung support and they're not acknowledging it as an issue with the Note 10's and  they want me to take it a local repair shop. I think that it's pretty ridiculous that they want me to go and repair a 3 week old phone, it's never been dropped or any liquid damage.

Can any Samsung mods please get this info to anyone that can actually do something? 

112 REPLIES 112
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Note 10 vibration stopped working

Thank you for reaching out. What troubleshooting steps have you tried? 

uservtGUz1JndO
Asteroid

Restarting the phone, checking the vibration setting is on, checking the strength level of the vibration settings, downloading 2 different apps to test vibration of the phone, *#0*# and checking the vibration mode, and finally factory restoring my phone and that's when I knew it was the hardware

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Thank you for that information. Have you tried wiping the cache partition on your device? Do you experience these symptoms if you test your device in safe mode?

Highlighted
uservtGUz1JndO
Asteroid

I just tried wiping the cache and safe mode, no luck with either

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Thank you for confirming, if the troubleshooting steps have not been helpful, the next step would be repairs. You can take it to any uBreakiFix location, as they are an authorized Samsung repair center. Or we would be happy to assist you in creating a service ticket to ship in the phone. https://www.samsung.com/us/support/ubreakifixkifix/

uservtGUz1JndO
Asteroid

Im in Canada, what are my options?

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Thank you so much for reaching out! 

This forum is for support of US products and customers.

As your product is a non-US model and support for these models is very limited, please seek a support team for your area. 

You can do so by using this link: http://www.samsung.com/visitcountry

Thanks! *Zell

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

userkqxYbK931S
Constellation

Hi Samsung,

I followed this thread as well and attempted all avenues. I need to request an rma on my device as well. How can I go about getting a service ticket direct through Samsung?

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

@userkqxYbK931S Thank you for reaching out. I would be happy to assist you further. Can I please have your full model number and IMEI in a private message: http://bit.ly/2JH2rq2