cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userI8YJWQbpup
Asteroid

Note 10 + .... where is the "secure startup" option??

Hi I am seem to be having difficulty finding a "secure startup" option on Note 10+ . Anyone know where to find it. Thanks

8 REPLIES 8
ANITAbath
Constellation

What do u mean secure

What do u mean secure

Buccha
Constellation

Re: What do u mean secure

Back on the note 9 you had a option to start your phone with a pattern unlock before it even even went to the home screen so it felt and really more safe then anything 

Honored Contributor

Re: Note 10 + .... where is the "secure startup" option??

@userI8YJWQbpup wrote:

Hi I am seem to be having difficulty finding a "secure startup" option on Note 10+ . Anyone know where to find it. Thanks

You may not be able to find it, as it doesn't exist.  Maybe it will be added later or never)

Samsung Care Ambassador

Go into the phone settings: Click "Biometrics and security" Click "Other security settings" Click on "Strong protection". With this enabled your phone will be encrypted and at restart you will need to enter your pattern, pin, or password.

Honored Contributor

@LongHiker wrote:

Go into the phone settings: Click "Biometrics and security" Click "Other security settings" Click on "Strong protection". With this enabled your phone will be encrypted and at restart you will need to enter your pattern, pin, or password.

I think this makes you enter pin/pattern after the phone restarts, right?  Secure startup I think it would not even start the phone before you enter the code

Highlighted
Samsung Care Ambassador

@Charkatak wrote:

I think this makes you enter pin/pattern after the phone restarts, right?  Secure startup I think it would not even start the phone before you enter the code

The phone powers on and lights up but will have no functionality (alarms don't work, etc.) until you unlock it. 

Buccha
Constellation

I know what you mean I been looking for it, since I got my new 10 plus, I had it on my note 9. But it seems they took it off the phone hopefully they add it back 

userK7S3cBgy8A
Constellation

It's called Strong Protection. just search it on settings