Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kinsu
Constellation

Note 8 to Note 10 review

I just switched from Note 8 to Note 10 and here is my review

Pros

The back camera is godlike.  The amount of detail is unreal that the new camera captures. The new features are awesome.  The lighting on the phone is not too bright but not too dim it feels like is designed to reduce eyestrain which is extremely awesome because I use my phone to do a lot of work.  The voice to text feature has been greatly improved this feature use to not work that well but now it's simply awesome it captures everything you say with crips detail and turns it into words on paper with no problem

Cons

I mainly use my phone for gaming and work. The biggest problem by fair is that the camera is on the display. The carmera blocks areas where I need to touch on alot of apps. This is super annoying.  Extraordinarily annoying. Why would you guys think is ok to put the camera in the display. Also the  phone Jack is missing. I thought you guys were not trying to copy apple. The headphone Jack is the heart of the phone. Its needed. Next feature I don't like is the fact that the finger print scanner is built into the screen. I am sure that most people want to protect there investment. To do that you mainly need a case with raised edges and a Built-in screen protector it's normally call a full body case.  Because the fingerprint scanner is built into the screen you can't have a screen protector on the phone.  I feel like this was done to force people to purchase insurance because you can't have  A screen protector.  Sadly  I cannot use the finger print scanner because I refuse not to have a screen protector on a phone that cost me over a $1000

Over All

Over all I feel the note 8 was much better then the note 10.  The fact that the fingerprint scanner was on the back of the phone was godlike it made accessing apps that require passwords so easy.  If something wasn't wrong with my note 8 battery I would have returned the note 10 immediately due to the fact that the camera is in the display is a deal breaker for me. This is the first time a samsung product has disappointed me.  I have your washing machines, tablets, TV's,  Want your refrigerator, love it all but with the Note 10 you guys dropped the ball real hard

5 REPLIES 5
Samsung Care Ambassador

Re: Note 8 to Note 10 review

Sorry that you are disappointed. I had a Note 8 but now have a Note 10+ and love it. I'm interested in learning which apps require you to touch where the camera is located. I haven't encountered a single app where the camera interferes with operation. 

As far as FPS, I hated the FPS on the back of the Note 8 and relied on Iris scan more than anything to unlock the Note 8. The onscreen FPS on the Note 10+ is smooth as glass and works 99.9999% of the time. If you need a glass screen protector on the Note 10, I would look at the Whitestone dome.

Samsung Care Ambassador

Hello. The Note10 comes with a screen protector preinstalled, just as the S10 does. This one is compatible with the display scanner.

As far as 3rd party protection is concerned, the only types that have a chance of working are loca based, and use UV. If you look at reviews for tempered glass protectors you'll notice that some fare worse than others. 

Also the Note10 was certified by TUV, so you're not imagining the reduction in eye strain. For audio you can try the included headphones, the official adapter, 3rd party adapter (with a DAC), or BT receiver. 

If my reply has aided your issue please consider liking it. If the problem is solved you may pick it as a solution.
Super290
Astronaut

Thank you for the detailed review.

Thank you for the detailed review.

Highlighted
KaiserSoszay
Asteroid

I too upgraded from the 8 to the 10 (10+) having skipped the 9 because there weren't enough upgrades to make that purchase worthwhile.

The "cons" you list are all the reasons Note users rejoiced when the 10 was unboxed.

-FINALLY the camera was placed dead center in the screen (no more off center notch limiting screen space).

-FINALLY the fingerprint reader was moved from the rear of the phone where it was useless and required the user to turn the thing over.

-And the inevitable loss of the 3.5mm jack? Who cares?! The future is bluetooth; all wireless. Besides the phone comes with a dongle! 

The Note 10+, thus far, has no drawbacks. I'd like to be able to move photos around more easily but this is minor and is a software issue anyway.

My only serious issue is with my carrier (Sprint) who limit the ability to text and call through my S5e tablet when bluetoothed to my phone. This is done so they can try and sell their sim carded tablets which require an additional line. I hate Sprint. 😄

Samsung_StVWZgk
Astronaut

The Samsung Note 10 along with the Galaxy S10 models all come with a thin, pretty-installed screen protector.