cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Samsung_lDgLcgk
Astronaut

Note receiving notifications from some apps

I'm not receiving any notes from apps like Snapchat, Facebook ect. I'm still getting calls and texts, but nothing else.

13 REPLIES 13
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Note receiving notifications from some apps

What type of device are you using?

userB9pUYwrjje
Constellation

Note 10 plus

Note 10 plus

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Do you have the notifications turned on in the settings under your apps?

userNwsloXyjnR
Asteroid

I'm having the same issue. I'll get some apps pushing notifications, but not others. I've made sure the ones I need have notifications enabled, are not on data saver mode, and they are not to be optimized if the battery mode changes to optimized. What gives? 

Camstuf
Constellation

@Samsung_lDgLcgk wrote:

I'm not receiving any notes from apps like Snapchat, Facebook ect. I'm still getting calls and texts, but nothing else.

This is what worked for me Samsung S8+

I've also had this issue. Another app besides missed notification reminders that can be used as a workaround would be "alertify". This app lets you set a notification sound for not only an app but also for specific key words in the notification. You can then go into the  apps settings and set the alert type to "alarm" instead of "notification".  Now notifications handled by the app will use the alarm algorithm (audible in headphones, Bluetooth, and phone speaker). You may have to manually set the do not disturb schedule in settings of the app however, as alerts will no longer follow notification rules but alarm rules, which alarms are not suppressed by the devices do not disturb schedule. Also if you need to silent notifications you'll need to change alert type back to "notification" in the app so that they are silent when you turn the volume all the way down on the phone. reposted from:

https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Galaxy-S9/No-text-message-sound-when-Bluetooth-headset-is-connec...

userNwsloXyjnR
Asteroid

I've had the exact same issue. Text and email notifications work. Facebook, Instagram, and other add-on apps do not. Note 10+ here. 

Spent several hours on the phone with Samsung. Went through all the settings. Reset everything to the point that I had to backup and do a Factory Reset. Did so, then loaded the backup. Worked fine for about a day, then I get up today and the notifications for those same apps have stopped once again. 

Alertify doesn't fix it.

There's something in the OS or otherwise causing these issues it seems like. 

Any ideas? 

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

@userNwsloXyjnR Have you tried clearing the cache partition on your phone? Here are the steps to clear the cache partition.

1. Press and hold the Power key, tap Power off, and then tap OK.
  2. Press and hold the Power key and Up Volume key at the same time.
  3. Release the Power key when the Samsung logo appears.
  4. Release the Volume keys when the Android image appears.
  5. Press the Volume keys to highlight Wipe cache partition.
  6. Press the Power key to select.
  7. Once “Cache wipe complete” appears, press the Power key to select Reboot system now.
  8. The device restarts once the wipe is finished.
userNwsloXyjnR
Asteroid

Yes, I've wiped the cache partition once or twice, force stopped  the badgeprovider, toggled off and on notifications , and everything I could find. Even signed out of Google accounts , deleted apps and reinstalled (including installing older versions), and on ad nauseum. Assuming I'll be factory resetting... Again.

Love the phone. But I'm finding out why not buying a new model as soon as it comes out is probably smart ... 

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

@userNwsloXyjnR Can you send me a private message using this link here? Provide the following information.

• Model number
  • IMEI number