cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
xZiOn
Constellation

Note10 60fps mode heavily blurs/softens videos

Hi,

I recently bought a Note10 (exynos version) and was experimenting with the 60fps video capture settings. I noticed that in indoors (and in some outdoors) lightning, the 60fps modes - both 4k and 1080p videos are heavily softened/blurred. It almost looks like a constant beauty mode filter is applied to the video. 

I went to the samsung experience shop from which I bought the phone from and tested on the display phones. There also I saw the same issue which leads me to believe that there is some software issue with the camera app of the phone. I tried the unofficial gcam port for exynos, but unfortunately it 60fps mode does not work on it. 

You can see the videos here: https://drive.google.com/drive/u/2/folders/1LKLr2jCjvT3ZEFNbeNR3bQ9_fBZk4OPD

I don't think this is a hardware problem because every other mode (normal 4k, photo using main sensor all works well). The problem is only with 60fps videos.

Can a mod/samsung rep or another user please confirm if they also experience this? Note that the video in the above links is taken in normal indoor lighting. I will upload more if I can.

Edit: I forgot to mention the software versions I'm using.

I'm running android 9 latest stable version (One UI 1.5) - Security patch level Nov 1st 2019.

Default Camera app version: 9.5.01.5.

14 REPLIES 14
xZiOn
Constellation

Re: Note10 60fps mode heavily blurs/softens videos

Can any mod/staff please take a look at this? is this even normal? 

Samsung_y0y34q1
Astronaut

When it works well,the 60 fps video on my s10+ is super impressive but a week before i was doing a video during the rain and the video was so soft,when i turned it to 30 fps it was super crispy.So,it happens on all samsungs.

xZiOn
Constellation

Hmm.. can you recall when it worked and when it did not work well? 
I understand the slight smoothing, but I'm not sure if we're supposed to see a hazy video (on top of the blurring effect) - this effect is very visible in one of the videos I attached in my post. 

xZiOn
Constellation

Still no reply from any mods/staff?

I've added an extra video to show that this is a problem even in very lit conditions indoors: https://drive.google.com/drive/u/2/folders/1LKLr2jCjvT3ZEFNbeNR3bQ9_fBZk4OPD

Here is a photo comparing same zoom levels (a screenshot from the above videos) in 60fps vs 30fps:

60fps vs 30fps zoom.png

Why is it so blurry and there is too much loss of detail! 

Why does this happen? Is this a hardware fault or need to be fixed with software? 

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Hello, I have had other moderators review your videos and we do not see the softening or blurriness that you have reported. Since you have the Exynos chipset in your Note 10 it also leads us to believe you are using an international version of the Note 10. This forum is for the support of US customers and US devices, with that being the case you would need to reach out to the support team in the country where the device was purchased. Their contact information can be found here:

http://www.samsung.com/visitcountry

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

xZiOn
Constellation

>I have had other moderators review your videos and we do not see the softening or blurriness that you have reported.

Really? Did you even look at the videos?

sample 1 comparison.png

Please download and view the video in a normal desktop/laptop screen in full screen or refer to the screenshot above of the 2 videos side by side. The effect is very clear. If you still can't see anything, please look at the curtains and the cupboard's details in the 30fps video and compare it with the 60fps video. Also, see the steel frame of the bed below the window.  So, please ask your moderators to view the videos properly again. 

yes, I do have the exynos version as I can get only exynos version in my country. 

Also, is there a dedicated forum board for Asian countries? if so, please provide a link. I did not find any, so that is why I am posting here. 

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

You would need to speak with the support team in your area for available support options.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

xZiOn
Constellation

Who is that team? is it just contact via email? because the staff at the official Samsung showroom from which I bought this phone from had no idea about this. 
Why can't you provide support for this? I'm sure it's a generic problem and if it's restricted to exynos, then does that mean exynos owners don't even get to post in the forums to ask for help? 

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

The team would be completely dependent on the country the device was purchased in, some countries offer forums, others offer email, live chat, and call-in options.

We are unable to provide support on this due to the device being an international model. We have not seen this with US version devices. You are welcome to post on the forums, however, the moderators and support agents here do not have the appropriate troubleshooting information to be able to assist you.