JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Note10+ Alarm not working

(Topic created: 09-17-2019 11:56 AM)
patb63
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Hey all. New to Android and went full-in with Note10+. I like it, but for the past two weeks, my Clock alarm will not sound. The app opens at the appropriate alarm time, the phone vibrates one time and that's it. It does it for all three snooze times, with no sound ever. Before all the questions, here's what I can say:

• It worked correctly for the first week or so that I had the phone
  • Sound is turned on
  • All other notifications and sounds are working correctly
  • Per Samsung Chat, I reset the phone, created an alarm for two minutes later and it worked; the next morning it didn't
  • I have deleted the alarms and recreated them; still not working

Any and all help would be appreciated.

Thanks

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
userCEFJbUEjDV
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Solution: after all the clever replies, clearing cache etc nothing worked THEN. I noticed when you set an alarm time there are 3 options which are all off by default.

Alarm Sound: turn on (it's off by default)

Vibrate: you decide on or off

Snooze: you decide on or off

I felt foolish when I realised how simple it was.

View solution in context

13 Replies
Charkatak
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

@patb63 wrote:

Hey all. New to Android and went full-in with Note10+. I like it, but for the past two weeks, my Clock alarm will not sound. The app opens at the appropriate alarm time, the phone vibrates one time and that's it. It does it for all three snooze times, with no sound ever. Before all the questions, here's what I can say:

• It worked correctly for the first week or so that I had the phone
  • Sound is turned on
  • All other notifications and sounds are working correctly
  • Per Samsung Chat, I reset the phone, created an alarm for two minutes later and it worked; the next morning it didn't
  • I have deleted the alarms and recreated them; still not working

Any and all help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Does your phone enter into Do not disturb overnight?  Maybe you have an app that prevents or changes settings?

0 Likes
patb63
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Again, I am new to the Android system. My settings say that my phone is not in "Do Not Disturb" mode and I hear other notifications (email, etc.) throughout the night. Also, how can I check whether another app is causing this? Uninstall one app at a time to check and see?

0 Likes
Charkatak
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

@patb63 wrote:

Again, I am new to the Android system. My settings say that my phone is not in "Do Not Disturb" mode and I hear other notifications (email, etc.) throughout the night. Also, how can I check whether another app is causing this? Uninstall one app at a time to check and see?

So you mentioned that the aparm worked for a week then stopped.  So in that time, what app did you install or any settings you have changed?

So in the clock app, you set the alarm, then you can change alarm sound, give name to your alarm and so on.  When you tap on Alarm sound, it shows: Bixby alarm and then another option is to use Ringtone and at the bottom there is volume slider

0 Likes
patb63
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

I installed multiple apps.

Yes, the Alarm sound is as you describe. Volume slider is at roughly 80%. I have tried several different sounds and vibration combinations to try to get the Alarm to sound, but none of them have worked.

SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Do you have auto-restart turned on in your settings? Have you tried wiping the cache partition on your device? If you put your device in safe mode and test your alarm do you experience these symptoms?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

patb63
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

I turned on auto-restart after this issue started occurring.

I don't know how to wipe the cache partition, but I have used the auto optimization feature regularly.

Have not tried safe mode, but I will once I figure out how to put the phone into it.

Thanks for the reply.

SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Thank you for following up. To put your device in safe mode, press the power button and volume down as you would to turn off the device, when you see the power off option, press and hold on power off until you see the option for safe mode, then tap on safe mode.

To wipe the cache partition on your device, fully power the phone off, then press the power button and the volume up key to enter android recovery mode, use the volume keys to scroll to wipe cache partition and press the power button. Once that's complete choose the option to reboot now.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

patb63
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Thank you for the info. I have wiped the cache and created an alarm for in the morning. We'll see if that works.

SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Wonderful! Please keep us posted if you need any further assistance.

0 Likes