JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Note10: Alarm sound only works when ringtone sound is on

(Topic created: 01-09-2020 07:41 PM)
Stubbz
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

I am simply wanting my phone's alarm to ring (with sound) when phone is in vibrate mode (ringtone off).

I previously had an S8+ and never ran into this alarm sound issue I'm about to describe.

So I recently purchased a Note10 and got it all set up yesterday.

Before going to bed, I set my alarm and as always, I selected a song from my music playlist as the alarm tone. I also made sure the volume was turned on (about half way on the volume bar).

As a side note, my phone is always placed on vibrate only (ringtone off) when I sleep.

When the alarm came on this morning, phone only vibrated with no sound at all.

Luckily the sound of the vibration was enough to wake me.

Later on, I created a new alarm to test it out again.

Alarm came on and same result: only vibrate wih no sound.

I left the alarm vibrating and opened the phone's volume controls; the alarm volume was on (half way on the bar) and ringtone was off. I slid the ringtone volume up and there it was, my selected alarm song was playing.

This tells me the alarm is controlled primarily by the ringtone volume controls and secondarily by the alarm volume control. So no alarm audio when phone is on vibrate only mode.

I read other forums for solution:

1) my phone auto-start has always been turned off

2) tried rebooting phone, same results

3) tried clearing out phone cache in recovery mode, same results.

Anyone have any other suggestions??

Thanks in advance for any help!!

18 Replies
userzXKHpIY6QM
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

My note 10+ jus started doin this this morning. Was almost late for work. Please help. I also wiped the cache partition in recovery mode and no luck

0 Likes
MrQue
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

@Stubbz Have you made sure your phone is up to date?

0 Likes
Stubbz
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Yes, according to my phone's Settings/Software Update, everything updated as of 1/8/2020.

0 Likes
MrQue
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

@Stubbz Have you tried clearing the cache partition on your phone? 

1. Turn off the device.
  2. Press and hold the Volume Up key and the Bixby / Power key.
  3. When the Android logo displays, release both keys.
  4. An 'Installing system update' message will show for 30 - 60 seconds before the Android system recovery menu options appear.
  5. Press the Volume down key several times to highlight wipe cache partition.
  6. Press Bixby / Power key to select.
  7. Press the Volume down key to highlight yes, them and press the Bixby / Power key to select.
  8. When the wipe cache partition is complete, Reboot system now is highlighted.
  9. Press the Bixby / Power key to restart the device.
0 Likes
Stubbz
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Hi,

Yes, I did try clearing the cache partition already. Unfortunately it did not work.

0 Likes
SamsungRei
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Have you verified the song is in the correct folder for the alarm sounds? 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
Stubbz
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

No, this is not the cause of the problem.

I tried setting the alarm using one of the preset ringtones. Same result...no sound!

0 Likes
SamsungRei
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Do you have Do Not Disturb active? Have you downloaded any new apps recently? I have tested with the sounds off for Ringtone, Media, Notifications, and Bixby and I still get the alarm sound.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
Stubbz
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

'Do not disturbed' is turned off.

And no, i haven't downloaded any new apps.

0 Likes