cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Note10: WiFi calling on unlocked phone not working in India

I have purchased Galaxy Note10 in US and travelled to Inida, when I want to use WiFi calling which is supported by Indian carrier(Airtel) I am using and note 10 is supported, Morever Note 10 purchased in india supports it, only problem with US Specific software. I can see WiFi calling turned on but doen't actually work, thats very disappointing for a flagship phone which should support it.

Apple iPhones on the other end in this specific scenario supports it very well, and it will have a impact on my mind while I shop for next flagship phone. 

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Samsung Care Ambassador

Re: Note10: WiFi calling on unlocked phone not working in India

@Samsung_Odgj6u9 

The device is not meant to be sold or used in your country. It's really just as simple as that. If you use a US phone in India, some features won't work. Wi-Fi calling, likely Samsung Pay, and probably some others. 

If my post answered your question, please be sure to accept it as solution so other users can find answers quicker. And give it a Like. Thanks

Geno71-Ambassador-Signature2-1
Highlighted

That's simple, but iPhone do support international carriers, same scenario fits and supported by it very well. That makes a good argument for better phone, where we don't need to think about this little issues and will get a well reputed internationally supported device, what do you think? I was expecting that also from Samsung since they operate in both region and can be addressed with software update not like Samsung Pay where all ecosytem needs to be present. 

Highlighted
Samsung Care Ambassador

@Samsung_Odgj6u9 

Apple does things the way they want, but Samsung makes different models for different markets. I won't try to guess why, and I know it annoys a lot of people, but that's how they decided to do business. 

If my post answered your question, please be sure to accept it as solution so other users can find answers quicker. And give it a Like. Thanks

Highlighted

Well, thanks for a quick reply. I am disappointed to hear this. But that's a big NO for me in next purchase definately.

Highlighted
Samsung Care Ambassador

To be clear @Samsung_Odgj6u9 

I'm not saying it can't be fixed... Maybe there is a way, I just don't know of one. You can keep looking of course.

I'm just pointing out why the devices actually different and some features don't work. Maybe worth asking on other, more software and firmware specialized forums too. 

Highlighted
Astronaut

I have the same problem in Turkey. very disappointing. I wonder if there are any updates.