cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Samsung_dhyYqiZ
Astronaut

Note10+ freezing.

Anyone else Note10+ plus freezing at random moments after the latest update, it's been happening to mine 2 or 3 times a day.

9 REPLIES 9
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Note10+ freezing.

Have you attempted to wipe the cache partition device since the update? I have not had this symptom with my personal Note 10+ device, however, I do make sure to do a cache partition wipe after updates just to make sure there are no old files hanging around that might cause any strangeness.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

user3BONarJrzz
Constellation

How do you do that🙃

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Here are the steps 

1. Turn off the device. This is important as your device won’t boot to Recovery Mode when it’s on.
  2. Press and hold the Volume Up key and the Bixby / Power key.
  3. Once the Android Recovery screen comes up, release the buttons.
  4. Use the Volume Down button until you are highlighting ‘Wipe cache partition.’
  5. Press the Power button to select ‘Wipe cache partition.’
  6. Use Volume Down to highlight Yes.
  7. Press the Power button to confirm the action to clear the cache.
  8. Wait for a second as the system wipes the cache.
  9. Press the Power button again to reboot the device. This will return the device to the normal interface.

Wiping the cache partition will not delete any of your important information. All the cache partition stores are frequently used application files to help decrease load times, so you may see an increase in load times for a short period of time but nothing unbearable.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
userRmAiDkMCUI
Asteroid

Are there any other solutions to try?  I have already tried wiping partition cache, factory reset, and running in safe mode.  None have solved my issue.  Could it be defective RAM?  Running on Unlocked Note10+, Android 9, OneUI 1.5, December security patch.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

@userRmAiDkMCUI Does your phone still freeze when it's placed in safe mode?

g7755725
Astronaut

Not.me.it might be your apps

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Samsung_dhyYqiZ wrote:

Anyone else Note10+ plus freezing at random moments after the latest update, it's been happening to mine 2 or 3 times a day.

Android 10 for Note 10 should come soon

https://9to5google.com/2019/12/20/galaxy-note-10-android-10-united-states/

perhaps you'll give that a try.

userRmAiDkMCUI
Asteroid

Yeah, that seems like the only choice I have right now.  I've also tried uninstalling and reinstalling apps to see if that works, but it hasn't yet.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

@userRmAiDkMCUI You can always take the phone by a local uBreakiFix location to be evaluated. They are an authorized repair center and would be able to access your warranty information. https://www.samsung.com/us/support/ubreakifix/