cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

Note10 plus S-Pen not writing on screen

Good evening, 

My note10 plus is not writing on the screen, the bluetooth button for opening camera is working on the s-pen and takes photos, but nothing else is working like hover, write or tap the screen. 

I bought an original s-pen as I thought the old one was broken, same thing again!

WORKING:
charges and connects

pull out of phone and opens menu

swipe functions with camera and press to take a shot

NOT WORKING:

not tapping the screen or writing

I have tried formatting phone and all sorts, yet nothing is working to fix this.

I noticed it since i took the July 1st 2020 update on ui.2.1

Thanks in advance

10 REPLIES 10
Highlighted
Samsung Care Ambassador

Re: Note10 plus S-Pen not writing on screen

Have you tried resetting your S Pen?

Settings -> Advanced features -> S Pen -> Air actions -> Reset S Pen

Highlighted
Asteroid

yes, even bought a new s pen and only does camera button and gestures to change camera. Just won't tap or write to screen. 

Highlighted
Samsung Care Ambassador

Try going into your S-Pen Settings. First go into SETTINGS > ADVANCED FEATURES > S PEN. Make sure you have the correct features turned on such as direct pen input, screen off memo, & etc.
Highlighted
Asteroid

I have went in there and everything is enabled except I can't find direct pen input. Everything else is selected. 

Highlighted
Asteroid

@user4s7kpMHl25 wrote:

I have went in there and everything is enabled except I can't find direct pen input. Everything else is selected. 

Forgot to add, this happens when I pull pen out from the note. Then I can't tap/ write but the button works for the camera and I can use features such as change cameras. Screenshot_20200723-012038_One UI Home.jpg

Screenshot_20200723-011948_Samsung Keyboard.jpg

Screenshot_20200723-011212_Air command.jpg

Screenshot_20200723-011156_Air command.jpg

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Have you tested to make sure that it isn't the screen protector or case causing the issue? After replacing the S Pen, the next step would be to have the phone evaluated by a certified technician. https://www.ubreakifix.com/samsung

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Asteroid

Screenshot_20200723-011156_Air command.jpg

Screenshot_20200723-011212_Air command.jpg

Highlighted
Astronaut

I have the same problem. It just happened today. I did all the troubleshooting on the internet such as resetting,going in safe mode, changing the nib of the pen, ... . It seems that nothing works. The pen does not write and tap. Just the pen button works. This is my email: arash.nkia@gmail.com

Please if anyone has found a way to fix the issue tell me. Samsung please respond.

Thanks

Highlighted
Astronaut

I have the exact same issue. Brought phone in to authorized repairing company, they needed me to pay $100 to replace my cosmetically cracked back cover so they can open it up to check, and after leaving my phone in there for a week they said there were still 80 phones ahead of me and I could be waiting 4 weeks to get them to diagnose the issue. I am looking for a software reset to fix the issue. Reset my phone but it didn't do anything.