cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

Note10 screen won't turn on even if device is moved the device away from my face.

Hi,

I've been noticing recently that the display does not turn on when the call ends automatically or if I move the phone away from my ear to the front of my face.

I'm not sure if this is the result of recent software updates or if this has been a problem since day one. Is this a known problem? Is there a solution for this?

So far I've only tried the reset settings option on the settings (issue still persists) and haven't yet tried the factory data reset. 

I tried testing the proximity sensor using the phone's code (*#77692#) and it works perfectly. Even the call answer position hand movements (which didn't work when I am in live call) work well in the testing menu.

Why is this isolated with the caller app? Or is this a hardware problem? What else should I try doing?
It's annoying to press the power button every time during a call to look up something on the phone.
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Note10 screen won't turn on even if device is moved the device away from my face.

Do you experience these symptoms if you test your device in safe mode?

-If your phone is misbehaving, it's possible that a third-party app is causing the issue. To figure out what app is acting funny, you can use the Safe Mode feature. In Safe Mode, your phone won't run any third-party apps. This allows you to easily identity and remove the app that may be causing the problem.

Give this link a try to test your device in safe mode: 

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00062983/

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

Re: Note10 screen won't turn on even if device is moved the device away from my face.

Tried in safe mode, tried after a system reset  - still the same issue persists.

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Thank you for that information. After further research, this appears to be a feature after the update to Android 10.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

Can I have a source regarding that? - a changelog or something similar?

because it doesn't really look like a "feature" to me as pressing power button every time I'm in a call to look at something is a very annoying thing to do.