cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Astronaut

Note10+ slows down at low battery

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I've had this Note10+ since release and I've started to notice at around <30% battery, it will slow down and lag a lot. The phone will hang when I press the home button, be very slow at touches and lag at everything else. Is there a fix for this? This seems very soon for a battery to be dying already.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Note10+ slows down at low battery

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thanks for reaching out.

Have you made sure the device is currently up to date to the latest software? Also, Have you attempted to wipe the cache partition recently?

The system cache partition stores temporary system data. It's supposed to allow the system to access apps more quickly and efficiently, but sometimes things get cluttered and outdated, so a periodic cache clearing can help make the system run more smoothly.

1. Turn off the device.
2. Press and hold the Volume Up key and the Bixby / Power key.
3. When the Android logo displays, release both keys.
4. An 'Installing system update' message will show for 30 - 60 seconds before the Android system recovery menu options appear.
5. Press the Volume down key several times to highlight wipe cache partition.
6. Press Bixby / Power key to select.
7. Press the Volume down key to highlight yes, them and press the Bixby / Power key to select.
8. When the wipe cache partition is complete, Reboot system now is highlighted.
9. Press the Bixby / Power key to restart the device.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thanks for reaching out.

Have you made sure the device is currently up to date to the latest software? Also, Have you attempted to wipe the cache partition recently?

The system cache partition stores temporary system data. It's supposed to allow the system to access apps more quickly and efficiently, but sometimes things get cluttered and outdated, so a periodic cache clearing can help make the system run more smoothly.

1. Turn off the device.
2. Press and hold the Volume Up key and the Bixby / Power key.
3. When the Android logo displays, release both keys.
4. An 'Installing system update' message will show for 30 - 60 seconds before the Android system recovery menu options appear.
5. Press the Volume down key several times to highlight wipe cache partition.
6. Press Bixby / Power key to select.
7. Press the Volume down key to highlight yes, them and press the Bixby / Power key to select.
8. When the wipe cache partition is complete, Reboot system now is highlighted.
9. Press the Bixby / Power key to restart the device.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have tried this twice now and it is not working. phone is on 2% and dying. What is Samsung doing abou this problem. my phone is only 4months old and at the $$$$ I paid for it. definitely going back to the store today. Come on on Samsung you have to do better than this.

Highlighted
Samsung Care Ambassador

JUMP TO SOLUTION

What Power mode you are using?

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I wiped the cache partition, will update if that helps tomorrow. I use adaptive power saving so it automatically throws my phone into medium power saving at a certain point when needed.

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Keep us posted on the outcome. Smiley Happy

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

So I've been letting my battery get down past 30% a couple of times in the past weeks and so far everything seems to be working fine! Wiping the cache partition worked! Thank you!