cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userieRt5Au4aa
Constellation

Notification sounds won't work.

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have tried just about everything i can think of but i cant get the notification sounds for messages to work. The notifications for everything else work i.e whatsapp. I have tried changing the tones, enabling messagers app, changing the tones through the app and settings. I have tried changing watch setting. Everything i can thing of. Any ideas?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
userieRt5Au4aa
Constellation

Re: This happened to me and I went into every setting unable...

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@Samsung_l134Rxj wrote:

This happened to me and I went into every setting unable to figure it out. Finally, one day, by accident, I finally found what happened and how to fix it. Go to your messages and click up on the volume button. At the top of your screen you will see a pop up saying "in call volume." Pull down on the little dash bar to expand that section (see my pic attached and pull down where you see I have it circled). See my next pic showing the notifications volume and here is where you can reinstate your notifications volume so they're no longer silent or vibrate only. 🙌🎉

I finally figured it out. It wasnt that. I kept changing the tones in the message app not realising there was two message tone sections. I was changing general notification and didnt even realise (feel like an id#ot), just under it was another tab saying new messages. I thought it was to do with reports and all that so i never clicked on it. Turns out it also had tone selection and it was on silent.  

Thank you for the help though guys. I do appreciate it. 

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Notification sounds won't work.

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Which device can you not hear the notifications with?

usermz6RgtaqPu
Constellation

Samsung galaxy note 8

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Samsung galaxy note 8

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Notification sounds won't work.

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Can you hear the notifications if you have the device in safe mode?

Samsung_l134Rxj
Astronaut

This happened to me and I went into every setting unable...

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This happened to me and I went into every setting unable to figure it out. Finally, one day, by accident, I finally found what happened and how to fix it. Go to your messages and click up on the volume button. At the top of your screen you will see a pop up saying "in call volume." Pull down on the little dash bar to expand that section (see my pic attached and pull down where you see I have it circled). See my next pic showing the notifications volume and here is where you can reinstate your notifications volume so they're no longer silent or vibrate only. 🙌🎉

userieRt5Au4aa
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@Samsung_l134Rxj wrote:

I finally figured it out. It wasnt that. I kept changing the tones in the message app not realising there was two message tone sections. I was changing general notification and didnt even realise (feel like an id#ot), just under it was another tab saying new messages. I thought it was to do with reports and all that so i never clicked on it. Turns out it also had tone selection and it was on silent.  

Thank you for the help though guys. I do appreciate it. 

View solution in original post

userwBPUgavnVt
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Oh my gosh, thank you!!  This is what was wrong with mine also!!