cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Samsung Care Ambassador

One UI 2.0/Android 10 Hype Thread (Beta Coming Soon)

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Howdy y'all, I hope you're all doing well.

If you're reading this, I think it's safe to say that your pretty darn excited for One UI 2.0 w/ Android 10! I'm so excited that we get to share the latest and greatest experience Samsung has to offer, together. With the One UI/Android 10 beta coming around the corner, I want to hear what excites you the most from One UI 2.0 and what you'd like to see. What features would you like added?

The One UI 2.0/Android 10 beta is currently not open for registration. The contents of this post serve as a placeholder and provide valuable information for users looking to participate in the beta. This post will be frequently updated as new information emerges.

The official notice can be viewed here:

https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Note10/One-UI-2-Beta-with-Android-10-Coming-Soon-to-Note-10/td-p...

------- ☆ -------
Beta Information

Some things to keep in mind before signing up and installing the beta:

• The main goal and purpose of the public beta is to gather feedback from users. When unexpected errors occur, please submit feedback via the One UI Beta app.
  • The beta firmware is exactly what it is, beta. This means that there may be some unexpected bugs.
  • Some apps might not function properly (if you rely on using banking apps, it might be wise to wait for the official update.)
  • Data loss may occur. It is recommended to backup your data. Samsung offers SmartSwitch on both Android and on PC/Mac. I'd highly recommend making a backup of your data before you install the beta.

Who's eligible for the One UI Beta?

• Galaxy Note 10  and Galaxy Note 10+ users
  • Unlocked users
  • Carrier branded devices such as AT&T, Verizon, T-Mobile, Sprint, Etc... are NOT supported.

Current Beta versions:

• Unlocked devices: COMING SOON

Known Issues:

1. N/A
-----------------------
Feedback/Suggestions/Bug ReportsOne UI Beta App.pngOne UI App - For Feedback and Reporting

How do I submit beta feedback, suggestions and bug reports?

• Open your app drawer and open the One UI Beta app (pictured above)
  • FOR FEEDBACK/BUG REPORTS: Press Beta feedback>Send feedback>Error reports>Select the error type/topic>Enter details and select how frequent the error occurs. Please be sure to provide as much detail as possible. When done, press the send button on the top right.
  • FOR SUGGESTIONS: Press Beta community>Press the compose button on the bottom right>Select a category>Enter a title & write your suggestion below. Be sure to add some tags under the body of your suggestion. Feel free to comment on other suggestions as well.
-----------------------
How do I un-register and leave the beta?

Sometimes beta software isn't for everyone and that's okay. It's quite easy to leave the beta and return to the official software version for your device.

*This will require a PC or Mac with a valid connection to the Internet and WILL FACTORY RESET YOUR DEVICE

To unregister from the beta, follow these steps:

1. Open the One UI Beta app
  2. Press the Settings button located on the top right side of the screen
  3. Press the "One UI Beta Program" button
  4. Press WITHDRAW at the bottom of the screen
  5. Follow the steps below to return to stock firmware.

To return to official stock firmware, follow these steps: (This will factory reset your device)

1. Download and install Samsung SmartSwitch for PC or Mac (https://www.samsung.com/us/support/owners/app/smart-switch/)
  2. Open SmartSwitch on your PC or Mac
  3. Using the charging cable that came with your Galaxy device, plug your device in to your PC/Mac
  4. Under your device details, you should see a download button and a message that says "You can go back to a previous version of software." Click download and follow the prompts.N10+.pngSmartSwitch software downgrade option
-----------------------

Let's go! Who's hyped!!!

Best regards,
Rydah
Samsung Care Ambassador

If you've found my post to be helpful, please like the post. If my response resolved your issue, please press the "✓ Accept as Solution" button.
1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Samsung Care Ambassador

Re: One UI 2.0/Android 10 Hype Thread (Beta Coming Soon)

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey @useryhqulsJi5T, I hope you're doing well.

Are you referring to the Galaxy Note 10/10+ One UI 2.0 beta? It isn't available yet so I am unsure how you'd have that problem already.

If perhaps you are talking about the Galaxy S10/10+ One UI 2.0 beta, there is a thread for it in the Galaxy S10 section. In the thread, troubleshooting steps are listed to resolve that issue. That thread can be viewed here: https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Galaxy-S10/One-UI-2-0-Android-10-Mega-Thread/td-p/880136

Check out the Troubleshooting portion. I hope this helps! Take care!

Best regards,
Rydah
Samsung Care Ambassador

If you've found my post to be helpful, please like the post. If my response resolved your issue, please press the "✓ Accept as Solution" button.

View solution in original post

136 REPLIES 136
Samsung Care Ambassador

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I hope everyone is hyped for Samsung's latest and greatest one UI 2.0 / Android 10 update. As stated above, if you own a note 10 or note 10+ then you are eligible to test out the one UI 2.0 beta. Unfortunately, you must have an unlocked device. Carrier versions will not be participating in this beta. Be on the lookout for the registration sign up inside of your Samsung members app

Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@Rydah It is sad that my Note10(T-Mobile) won't be eligible to test beta!  I don't want to re-flash my device back to XAA firmware.   Do you know how registration process is registering user's device?  Does it look at IMEI, serial or just the firmware?  I personally think it is by the firmware but want to find out from someone that knows.

Highlighted
Samsung Care Ambassador

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey @Charkatak, I hope you're doing well.

I totally hear that! My device was originally on U1 (XAA) firmware and I flashed to T-Mobile firmware to take advantage of RCS and I'm a bit saddened by this as well. I just got done flashing back to U1.

Based on what I can see and from past experiences, It will be software and Samsung account based. The FAQ also hints at this as they mention that if your device gets replaced, it will still qualify.

I hope this helps. Congrats on the honorary status BTW. 🥳

Best regards,
Rydah
Samsung Care Ambassador

Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@Rydah wrote:

Hey @Charkatak, I hope you're doing well.

I totally hear that! My device was originally on U1 (XAA) firmware and I flashed to T-Mobile firmware to take advantage of RCS and I'm a bit saddened by this as well. I just got done flashing back to U1.

Based on what I can see and from past experiences, It will be software and Samsung account based. The FAQ also hints at this as they mention that if your device gets replaced, it will still qualify.

I hope this helps. Congrats on the honorary status BTW. 🥳

@Rydah  Doing good as always!  Beta is exactly what I was looking forward, looking for problems, filing bug reports, finding workaround - perfecting the OS!  I hope Samsung makes an exception and lets me get into the beta despite of having a different software Smiley Happy  It is interesting to hear that because of beta you flashed back your device...it is very tempting though!

When I tested Android 10 beta on my Pixel 2, there were multiple bugs and some of them were postponed by Google and we are still going back and forth with these buds(trying to repro)

Thanks for the info and yes the new status sounds good when I say it out loud!

KdrewH
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have an unlocked Note 10+a device and have been watching for the banner to enroll in Beta testing for about a week now. 

Am I missing something?

Spider_Pig
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Let it begin!!!

Samsung Care Ambassador

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey @Spider_Pig, I hope you're doing well.

This is exciting! Smiley Happy What are you looking forward to the most?

Best regards,
Rydah
Samsung Care Ambassador

Spider_Pig
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@Rydah all the new features

Samsung_vBh9y1t
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi gd night