cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Note10Plus
Asteroid

One UI 2.0 and Wireless Charging

I'm on Verizion and received a prompt to upgrade to Android 10 One UI 2.0 yesterday....so I did! 

I noticed that my phone did not wirelessly charge last night when I woke this morning. I thought it might be the charger, so I tested with my iPhone 11 Pro Max, but that charges just fine. I placed my Note 10+ back on the charger and noticed that it starts charging, but then stops after about 5-10 seconds. Then loops a bit on and off with charging - starts, then stops, then starts, then stops. 

I've had this wireless charger for about 6 months, and have charged my Note 10+ every night since I got the phone in August with no problems whatsoever, so all this started yesterday after I upgraded to Android 10. I don't think it's the charger as my other devices charge on the same pad with no problems. 

This has to be a bug in Android 10, or a setting I need to tweak? Looking for anyone who's had similar issue with resolution.

Thanks,

JC

6 REPLIES 6
Comet

Re: One UI 2.0 and Wireless Charging

Did you check to make sure fast wireless charging is on in settings / device care / battery?

Note10Plus
Asteroid

Thanks for the reply, I did indeed. I even turned off, then back on to make sure. No change unfortunately. 

Comet

This changed when you updated you mentioned? By chance, after you updated, did you try wiping cache and rebooting. I try to do that immediately after every update

Note10Plus
Asteroid

I'll give that a try. Can you tell me the navigational details to wipe? Don't think I ever have. 

Note10Plus
Asteroid

I found this online and tried it. I think it may have done the trick. I'll keep an eye on it. 

1. Press and hold the Power key, tap Power off, and then tap OK.
  2. Press and hold the Power key and Up Volume key at the same time.
  3. Release the Power key when the Samsung logo appears.
  4. Release the Volume keys when the Android image appears.
  5. Press the Volume keys to highlight Wipe cache partition.
  6. Press the Power key to select.
  7. Once “Cache wipe complete” appears, press the Power key to select Reboot system now.
  8. The device restarts once the wipe is finished.
Highlighted
Comet

Lol sorry couldnt get to my phone. Looks like you found it though!

So that seems to have fixed it? Awesome. Youd be surprised how many little quirks even just a total reboot fixed after updates for me. That and clearing the cache always helps! Glad it helped ya