cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

PUBG Mobile FPS Dropped on Galaxy Note 10 after the recent monthly software update (May 1).

Just three days ago on May 5th, Samsung sent a monthly software update with Android Security Patch Level May 1. The very next morning I opened and tried to play PUBG Mobile on my Galaxy Note 10 but it was laggy because the FPS had reduced significantly. Just 12 hours ago before the update the game was running smoothly and perfectly at 60 FPS as has always been for the last 7 months since I bought the new phone. Now the FPS are just always stuck at 40. My in game settings are the same as before (smooth and extreme) but still I am only getting 40 FPS unlike past (60 FPS). I know this is not the problem with PUBG because the lag or FPS drop from the game is different as it mostly happens in the match and on few occasions. But this problem has the FPS locked at 40 no matter if I am just standing in the lobby or playing in a match. So, I believe it is the problem with phone since it also happened after the update.  I have tried clearing cache, reinstalling game, changing some phone settings, and factory data reset. But nothing has worked. Is this suddenly happening with someone else too? Is there any fix? I bought this phone only to play PUBG Mobile but if I can't even play the game on it then what's the point of buying this phone. It is disappointing how just after 7 months it has suddenly stopped performing in the gaming. I have the warranty until November 2020, will samsung provide any help? Rest of the phone is working fine. Just the gaming performance. 

20 REPLIES 20
Highlighted
Astronaut

Re: PUBG Mobile FPS Dropped on Galaxy Note 10 after the recent monthly softwar..

Yes even i am facing same problem, there are many people facing same fps issue due to this update

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

Re: PUBG Mobile FPS Dropped on Galaxy Note 10 after the recent monthly software update (May 1).

Hey buddy, many people have posted about this, myself included. I've posted lots of stuff here, and on the xda forums. I too max at 40fps. It's terrible especially since before that stupid one ui 2.1 update it was the best mobile gaming experience possible imho. I quit playing to rank as I don't stand a chance now.  I'm dead before my bullets hit my opponent even if I shoot first. Its a real bummer.

Post if you hear of a fix!

Good luck! 

Highlighted
Constellation

Re: PUBG Mobile FPS Dropped on Galaxy Note 10 after the recent monthly software update (May 1).

PLEASE FIX THIS ASAP.

It was ALWAYS fine and never lags unless it gets a bit hot. 

But this time after the recent update, the game was the same as before. 

Note 10 + cost more than $1,000, which is like a price of a gaming PC and the phone lags like this.

If this is not getting fixed soon I am going over to Apple. I owned Samsung S8,S9,S10, note 9, note 10+.

This is super disspointment. 

Highlighted
Constellation

Same here I've been playing pubg for 2 years and this is first to happened after the update today here in Alberta Canada. Please fix this.

Highlighted
Asteroid

Re: PUBG Mobile FPS Dropped on Galaxy Note 10 after the recent monthly softwar..

I took phone to samsung authorized service center (UbreakIFix). They performed software reflashing. It did not work also. FPS still locked at 40.

I will sell it now. This was the most beautiful phone (aura glow) aesthetically.

Tips for those who haven't encountered this issue yet.

1) Turn of "auto download updates". Once software has downloaded, you will have to install it no matter what.

2) If you still want to install updates then delete all the games in your phone before installing the software.

Highlighted
Asteroid

I'm not a gamer, but I sympathise. This S20 is a mess since OneUi 2.1. I had a S9 that ran another than this. And my iPhone XR beat this for stability and speed easily.

Highlighted
Asteroid

Screw this update!! Same game, same problems.

Highlighted
Constellation

Got the same problem.. i've trying gfx tool for pubg mobile. But it's not work. Gonna say good bye samsung. And forever bye bye.

Highlighted
Asteroid

Somebody had posted that disabling "Game Optimizing Service" will fix the lag/fps drop. I installed "Package Disabler Pro" from Playstore and disabled Game Optimizing Service. Then I played PUBG but didn't notice any perfomance imrpovement. FPS was still locked at 40. So, I enabled Game Optimizing Service back again and deleted Package Disabler Pro. So, that solution will not work either. Only solution is flashing Android 9 in the phone using Odin. Didn't try it yet. I am waiting for next official update that is due in first week of June.