cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
ArchSirius
Constellation

Permanent Fingerprint Icon on AOD

Has anyone else noticed that the fingerprint icon (for Note 10 users who use fingerprint biometrics) on the always on display always stays there? It isn't like it was on the S10, where you could hide it and tap once to show it. I can't even use my AOD anymore without worrying about screen burn. Has anyone found a way to hide the fingerprint icon? Or do we have to wait for Samsung to fix this issue in their next update?

10 REPLIES 10
user7ZxZIO6ix9
Constellation

Re: Permanent Fingerprint Icon on AOD

I also have this issue and would like to get rid of the fingerprint icon

userlkcJcYEsQ4
Astronaut

I am a bit late but just wanna say that I'm like 99% certain that the fp icon change it's place for a bit to prevent burn in.. 

CircleTheFlame
Cosmic Ray

I literally watched the fp icon move slightly so I know it does, just like the virtual home button on previous phones

Ejm5560
Halo

It doesn't cause burn in as it moves occasionally to prevent it. On your AOD settings there should be an option for either tap to show always on display or always show.

stern_easy
Asteroid

It is not very inuitive to find but you can change this in your fingerprint-settings (not in the AOD-settings).

See pictures attached...(sorry it is in german but you'll find it)20191031_185719.jpg

20191031_185739.jpg

Samsung Care Ambassador

@stern_easy 

Are you on One UI 2 Beta firmware? Because the option you're showing is not on my Note10+. And since your language is set to German, and the Beta was released in Germany, I'm suspecting that might be the case.

Anyway, that means it's coming soon, so good news for those that want it!

If my post answered your question, please be sure to accept it as solution so other users can find answers quicker. And give it a Like. Thanks

Geno71-Ambassador-Signature2-1
stern_easy
Asteroid

You are right, I am running the beta version.

I just remember I had the same issue before but the other way around....I wanted the fingerprint logo to be shown permanently and needed to find the right settings for it. So is One UI 1 to show AOD with the logo or no AOD at all?

Samsung Care Ambassador

Yeah, at this time, on One UI 1.5, FP icon is on all the time if AOD is enabled.

If my post answered your question, please be sure to accept it as solution so other users can find answers quicker. And give it a Like. Thanks

Geno71-Ambassador-Signature2-1
MadMonk
Cosmic Ray

Yes, like others have mentioned the FP icon does move ever slightly as AOD refreshes.

I cannot confirm this 100% but when my phone is in "unlocked" mode meaning whenever I use boxby routine to have my phone unlocked at home, the FP icon seems to disappear. Let me know if anyone can confirm this.