cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CCdevall
Constellation

Phone Restarting and Freezing

Is anyone else having issues with their Note 10 plus restarting/freezing out of nowhere? I'll be in the middle of doing something and my phone will just restart/freeze up. It eventually corrects itself but what a pain! It didn't do this until I installed the first UPDATE. Since then, there have been one or two more updates but I'm still having these issues. I'm just curious to know if I'm alone? I guess that's the sacrifice you make when you're getting the newest version of any phone. I hope that they work out all of the kinks soon.

4 REPLIES 4
Samsung Care Ambassador

Re: Phone Restarting and Freezing

I have never experienced this. 

Have you tried deleting the device cache partition?

Have you tried booting into safe mode and seeing if the condition exists while in safe mode?

CCdevall
Constellation

I haven't tried that but will give it a shot. Thanks.

Highlighted
userRmAiDkMCUI
Asteroid

Yes, I have been getting these issues as well.  I'm on an Unlocked Note10+, and I'm on the December security patch (Android 9 OneUI 1.5).  Haven't experienced random restarts recently, but I still get freezing a handful of times per day, not app-specific.  I have tried wiping partition cache, factory reset, and running in safe mode, and none have fixed the issue.  I'm strongly considering returning the phone and just going back to my Note 8, which had zero issues.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@userRmAiDkMCUI wrote:

Yes, I have been getting these issues as well.  I'm on an Unlocked Note10+, and I'm on the December security patch (Android 9 OneUI 1.5).  Haven't experienced random restarts recently, but I still get freezing a handful of times per day, not app-specific.  I have tried wiping partition cache, factory reset, and running in safe mode, and none have fixed the issue.  I'm strongly considering returning the phone and just going back to my Note 8, which had zero issues.

Android 10 for Note 10 should come soon

https://9to5google.com/2019/12/20/galaxy-note-10-android-10-united-states/

perhaps you'll give that a try.