cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Phone always answering in speaker phone even though it shows connected to a bluetooth device

When a call comes in,, regardless of how I answer,, i.e. via a Bluetooth headset or on the phone it answers in speaker phone even though it says the Bluetooth device.  Its not one headset but any I use.

This occurred months ago and persisted no matter what I did (clearing bluetooth cache, partition cache, force stopping bluetooth, resetting devices, etc.  Then one day it went away and did not return for about 6 months or more. It started again around 05/04/20.  

I answer then have to hit the on phone Bluetooth button, choose speaker or phone then choose Bluetooth to use a headset. It is not a 3rd party software issue as none were added or deleted when it started again.  I want to throw this expensive phone out but who can afford that? What do I do?

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Phone always answering in speaker phone even though it shows connected to a bluetooth device

Hello!

Thank you for reaching out, I can understand wanting to answer the phone and go straight to the Bluetooth headset. Have you performed the troubleshooting mentioned since the symptoms started again along with testing it with other Bluetooth headsets? Also, what type of Bluetooth headset is paired to the device normally when this occurs?