cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

Phone called 911 from pocket

I have tried to figure out how to keep my phone from emergency dialing numbers while in my pocket and locked. I have my settings for Accidental Touch Protection and Touch Sensitivity turned on, but my Note 10+ still decided to call 911 from my pocket while I was moving some boxes today. So, why isn't it an option to turn this off? My phone has also called other numbers before, but today was the first for calling 911. I fully understand this feature and think it's a good idea (in theory), but you really need to work on it so that your features work better to prevent accidental calls from pockets (which is what there Accidental Touch Protection says it's supposed to do: "Protect your phone from accidental touches when it's in a dark place, such as a pocket or bag." Fix it.

21 REPLIES 21
Highlighted
Product Expert

Re: Phone called 911 from pocket

Hello,

Do you have a specific launcher on your phones lock screen that is causing these issues? Usually its three steps from the lock screen to dial 911, which is swipe from the left/right, dial exactly 9-1-1, and then hit the call button. 

Highlighted
Samsung Care Ambassador

@UserNameTak3n Try to positin your phone screen away from your body when you put it in your pocket that way it will not touch your skin i hope that helps.

Highlighted
Astronaut

My A50 does the same thing !

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

So far, I've tried to reply but nothing has posted.

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

Oh, that one posted. I'll try this again...

On the lock screen, if it swipes right, it brings it to the unlock screen. Pattern or facial recognition

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

There is also an option for emergency call. If that is pressed, the keypad shows up but there is also two options on the screen. One for 911 which is just a button. Another for medical info and contacts.

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

The recommendation to simply turn my phone away from my body is a pissible solution but why should that be the fix for my takeaway from this post? If there are settings built into the phone to keep it from accidental touch so it won't dial while in my pocket, why isn't that working?

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

Turning my phone away from my body so that the screen won't touch my skin is a possible fix, but then why is there a setting to decrease touch sensitivity? It is still sensitive enough to dial through my jean pocket material, even with that setting turned on also?

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

Maybe I'll buy a phone case with a screen cover and hopefully, that'll act as a long term solution. Unless Samsung actually wants to fix these settings so that they actually work...rather than updating AR Emojis.