JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Picture In Picture No Longer Working

(Topic created: 02-01-2020 10:24 AM)
userDSMJUmUav3
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Hi all, until recently picture-in-picture worked just fine for Netflix, YouTube and Amazon Prime Video. Now it just closes the app when I attempt to use another app simultaneously.  I've tried all recommendations on here - checked the permissions with p-I-p settings, cleared cache and data of apps, removed battery optimisation of those apps, uninstalled/reinstalled apps. Any other ideas on why this might be happening? Thanks for any help! 

10 Replies
Solution
SamsungRei
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Have you tried clearing the cache partition of the phone? 

Press and hold the Power key, tap Power off, and then tap OK.
Press and hold the Power key and Up Volume key at the same time.
Release the Power key when the Samsung logo appears.
Release the Volume keys when the Android image appears.
Press the Volume keys to highlight Wipe cache partition.
Press the Power key to select.
Once “Cache wipe complete” appears, press the Power key to select Reboot system now.
The device restarts once the wipe is finished.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

userDSMJUmUav3
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

That worked like a charm! Thanks so much 🙂

0 Likes
userkKQhTAcx4P
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

the picture in picture feature is not working for the video call feature. 
like when i use it for instagram and whatsapp video call, it doesn't work anymore... 

i think it has something to do with android 10, and the navigation bar interferes with the picture in picture as well, can you please tell me the solution for this?

BurMeeS21
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

This did not work for me. Just went to settings, apps, Netflix, Amazon, etc, cleared the cache there and pip worked.

BurMeeS21
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

The

@userDSMJUmUav3 wrote:

Hi all, until recently picture-in-picture worked just fine for Netflix, YouTube and Amazon Prime Video. Now it just closes the app when I attempt to use another app simultaneously.  I've tried all recommendations on here - checked the permissions with p-I-p settings, cleared cache and data of apps, removed battery optimisation of those apps, uninstalled/reinstalled apps. Any other ideas on why this might be happening? Thanks for any help! 

The suggestion of the on and off and volume buttons didn't work for me. Just go to settings, apps, open the app, clear cache button and close it. PIP starts working again.

0 Likes
TanbirA
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
I cleared the cache for youtube but didn't work. When i try to do the picture in picture for youtube, the player goes under and out of the frame. Then my whole screen starts lagging, goes blurry , and the touch interface doesn't work. I wish I could video capture and show you guys. I will have to restart or turn the phone off for it it to stop messing with the touch
0 Likes
plano-mano
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

is youtube app up to date?
also, do you use bixby routine to change resolutions?

TanbirA
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
so I don't use bixby routine. also the youtube app was updated. luckily I haven't had the pip issue every since. I did a restart and now it's been working. I'm still a little worried
0 Likes
TanbirA
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
never mind, the issue is back. I don't even know what I did for it to even happen. I guess I'll try to restart again. smh. paid 1k for a phone and this happens 🥲🥲
0 Likes